DCL Covid policy for recent positive

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hey all,

Just curious if anyone knows what the policy is for a “recent” positive.
We have a cruise at the end of February, but my sister and her family just tested positive. Apparently one of the daycare workers tested positive and the baby is too young to mask. Now they all have it.
My understanding, which could be wrong, is that people sometimes will continue to test positive on a pcr 6-8 weeks after they first tested positive. I’d hate to get down there and have everyone turned away at the port.
Does DCL have a usual method for this? Should we push the cruise out? Other thoughts/opinions?

MaryJaneP

Perhaps call DCL and ask them to send you their policy in writing. Def bring any DCL statement with you if it is still unclear if your will sail or not. Hope you have a great trip.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Our travel agent said this:
If you are recovered from Covid within 14-90 days before the sailing, you can bring a recovery letter from the doctor and skip the testing to get onboard! Here is what you need –

If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14-90 days from your sailing, you may bypass the testing process with the following pieces of information.

1. Paper or electronic copy of previous positive PCR test result that is less than 90 days old; AND

2. A signed letter (on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official) stating that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days and are clear for travel.

I’ll confirm with DCL, but I guess that seems reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom