DCL Buys Unfinished Mega Cruise Ship - Genting Golden Dream ???

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Can someone here on this forum make a piece of fan artwork on what the Global Dream ship would look like under Disney Cruise Line ownership for me please?

jme

Can someone here on this forum make a piece of fan artwork on what the Global Dream ship would look like under Disney Cruise Line ownership for me please?
Super rough n dirty mock up
disney-global-rough-mock.jpg

Disone

I'll give you an A for effort, but it does feel odd considering that it will be the first ship that Disney acquired. Is there time for them to change the blueprints so the ship can at least look a bit more like the other DCL fleet?
Likely yes. When the fantasy was under construction, they changed structural elements of that ship to reflect feedback They were getting pretty strongly from the Disney Dream about its pool decks. Things like satellite falls debuted on the fantasy which would later be retrofitted under the dream when it went into dry dock. So yes, there's time to make changes. Whether or not all that happens or not is totally up in the air, but is it possible, sure.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the announcement with early concept art -

DCL_Ship_Early_Concept_Art.jpeg

"Today, Disney announced the acquisition of a partially completed ship that will bring the magic of a Disney Cruise Line vacation to new global destinations. Disney will work with the esteemed Meyer Werft shipbuilding company to complete the cruise ship previously known as the Global Dream in Wismar, Germany. The ship will be renamed with certain features reimagined under the world-renowned expertise of Walt Disney Imagineers and is expected to set sail in 2025."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom