[DCA] Hollywood Land

sponono88

Original Poster
Great point. The studios of west LA, Hollywood, and Burbank still have some neat entrance gates. My favorite is Paramount Studios, still using the same gate off of Melrose Avenue in west Los Angeles as they did when they made silent movies in the 1920's...

TP, i'm not sure if you've noticed but the rethemed HL towers bear a slight resemblance to the Paramount gate!

bvs002392LARGE.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

the last photo on the bottom shows the towers that the elephants currently sit on, with a rethemed look to match Hollywood Land

TP2000

TP, i'm not sure if you've noticed but the rethemed HL towers bear a slight resemblance to the Paramount gate!

bvs002392LARGE.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

the last photo on the bottom shows the towers that the elephants currently sit on, with a rethemed look to match Hollywood Land

Great catch!

Disney hasn't really announced that the elephants were going away, yet it's been the rumor for awhile and I think we can all agree they look out of place now with Buena Vista Street.

That new look for the pedestals the elephants are on is a fantastic way to mesh BVS with Hollywood Blvd., and they do look like they took inspiration from the iconic Paramount Studios gate. Fun stuff!

I really can't wait to see Buena Vista Street this June. I think it's going to make for one of the prettiest entrances to a Disney theme park.

sponono88

Original Poster
Hollywood Blvd with the trolley wires now in place:

i-h2p8jWk-M.jpg

Looking towards Buena Vista St, minus the elephants!

i-hF657W7-M.jpg

Only the pedestals remain, the elephants have moved on to yestercalifornia adventure!

i-WmWqBwQ-M.jpg

source: MintCrocodile

nemofinder22

Hollywood Blvd with the trolley wires now in place:

Looking towards Buena Vista St, minus the elephants!

i-hF657W7-M.jpg

Only the pedestals remain, the elephants have moved on to yestercalifornia adventure!

source: MintCrocodile

It doesn't look half bad with out the elephants from that angle. I liked the elephants but they really only worked when paired with the Hollywood arch.

I'm really hoping ODV is able to get new graphics on the carts. They look and have looked hideous for years and now they are completely dated.

sponono88

Original Poster
Reported via Twitter today, a new background music loop has debuted in Hollywood Land! It replaces the previous Disney movie soundtrack and now features big band and 40s swing music -- one song in particular is "Sing, Sing, Sing" By Benny Goodman:

[youtube]r2S1I_ien6A[/youtube]

sponono88

Original Poster
Additional entertainment has been announced for June 15th, this time in Hollywood Land (I heard this may also involve swing dancing)

In Hollywood Land, you can kick it Disney-style as “Dancin’ with Disney” takes over Stage 17, inviting you to join some of your favorite characters in a fun-filled, interactive party. From 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. each day this summer, you can step inside for music videos, trivia and surprise character appearances. You never know who might show up!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...rk-will-have-plenty-of-character-this-summer/

Just one more thing to keep you busy this summer at DLR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom