DCA Fantasmic Change?

mwhitney

Original Poster
Last week went to Disneyland CA. Still love it the best and most. In my opinion Fantasmic especially, and nearly every other attraction found in CA absolutely trumps that of the Orlando park. Orlando doesn't even come close in terms of comparing like items. Especially Fantasmic. If you have seen it in CA, don't bother seeing it in FL- the FL version utterly lacks the magic of the CA version in nearly every respect- including the musical score.

BUT The SECRET: Went out to Tom Sawyer's Island. There were three executive-looking people out there. A lady listening to a CD player while a man was gesturing about the music to her... as if to explain a concept.. Another man taking measurments and pacing. He said, "Yes, this would be the center zone." Then he took out his palm pilot or blackberry and took some internet or wireless signal reception strength readings (an assumption) as he paced the area. I could contain my curiosity no longer and said, "Sir, I just have to know what you guys are doing here." He replied... "Now, that... I can't tell you." and smiled.

I love fantasmic at DL so much it is hard to imagine it departing. But I think I saw a secret unfolding.

MDW

xfkirsten

I really think it's jumping the gun here to assume that they're looking for a Fantasmic replacement. What you've described could be any number of things, and I think it's a big leap to say that they want to do away with the most popular long-running show in the resort. I've heard rumors that they want to add elements to Frontierland for Remember, since there's such a difference in quality of show between there and Main Street. For all we know, it could have been that they were talking about. All I'm saying is don't get too freaked out just yet. :)

mwhitney

Original Poster
Agreed

I hope you are right and that I am jumping the gun. I really really do. Fantasmic is too special to me.

Matt

WaSnT mE

How could they get rid of Fantasmic anywhere? I love the Sorcerer Mickey character! If they got rid of the WDW Fantasmic I'd be horrified! It's such a great attraction though it gets tons of people! But I'm scared. We better be jumping to conclusions or I'll be, um, mad!

timetoknowbe

maybe they were checking it out for extra seating? i dont remember exactly what its called. the priority reservation pay-more-than-a-days-admission-but-get-a-seat thing for fantasmic? similar to the disney gallery seating. i emailed less than a month ago, asking for rates and information (senior trip to disneyland ca from eastern kentucky in march!!) and it listed the disney gallery balcony *and* a location at tom sawyer island. also, the price was way up from what i read on every disney fan site i could find (most listed it around $40, its now $50+), and most sites *didnt* list the tom sawyer island thing. so maybe its a recent thing?

first post, btw. hi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom