Daytona Speedway while at WDW

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
Daytona Speedway visit while at Orlando? Has anyone gone and done this tour? We have a now 5 year old grandson that is facinted with Dale Jr 88 and we thought it might be worth the 60 mile trip but is it???

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
you give me some info. They show a tram that takes you on the track and such, is that true? What else can he do there? How long does it take to go thru it all? Why I am asking we thought since our first day at WDW was on Sat DEC 6th a full day we were going to DTD and had reservations at Capt Jacks. But we are canceling that because they will no longer serve the lobster after the 1st of Oct. Would he being 5 get to do much there and would he see lots of Jr's stuff or cars? Thanks for answering

crazydaveh

It's been a few years since I was there, but man, if you're into NASCAR, you should go. The place is huge and the tram part of the tour is fun. You ride on the track and the banked turns.

As to how much Jr. stuff there is, I don't know, but I'm sure there's a lot being that he is the most marketable driver and won the Pepsi 400 a few years back.

You're also about 10 minutes from the beach while at the track. Take advantage of this!

Have fun!

*wdwobsessed18*

The tour is great we stop everytime we go to Disney!!! The tram drives you down to the track where you can get out and walk around a bit or sign up to ride in the race cars. Then you get back on the tram to do some more sight seeing then back to the main buliding. While on the tram there are audio clips and the tour guide gives you the history and some facts. Its very nice we love it. Theres a nice gift shop at the end too. Hope this helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom