Daytime restaurant suggestions for adults

ebjjst

Original Poster
My sister and I are taking a Disney vacation in September, without our husbands and (adult) kids. Of course, our package includes free dining. What table service restaurants are recommended for two (mid-fifties) women; looking for a quiet and relaxing meal, as a late-lunch/early dinner? We know better than to go to the character meals, but are there certain places that are just plain loud and noisy? Also, is there any chance of getting same-day reservations at a resort restaurant, with the free dining in effect? :shrug:

JillC LI

Same day dining is very limited with free dining in effect so I wouldn't recommend that, especially if you want to eat at any of the parks. As for specific recommendations, are you only looking for quiet dining, or might you be interested in something fun like Sci-Fi Dine In which isn't that noisy, but isn't just a subdued meal?

zurgandfriend

Relatively Quiet suggestions:
Liberty Tree Tavern – MK
Plaza Restaurant - MK
Kona Café -Poly
The Wave - Contemporary
Grand Floridian Café – GF
Le Cellier – Epcot
Chefs de France- Epcot
San Angel Inn – Epcot
Rose & Crown – Epcot
Biergarten – Epcot
Brown Derby - DHS
Not quiet but Fun:
Whispering Canyon –Wilderness Lodge

harryk

Relatively Quiet suggestions:
Liberty Tree Tavern – MK
Plaza Restaurant - MK
Kona Café -Poly
The Wave - Contemporary
Grand Floridian Café – GF
Le Cellier – Epcot
Chefs de France- Epcot
San Angel Inn – Epcot
Rose & Crown – Epcot
Biergarten – Epcot
Brown Derby - DHS
Not quiet but Fun:
Whispering Canyon –Wilderness Lodge

Excellent list - I could not do better but it will be interesting to see what is added.

Master Gracey 5

Definitely stick to that list. I was planning on endorsing Chefs de France and Brown Derby myself, both very good meals IMO with great atmosphere.

m&mmom

Excellent list - I could not do better but it will be interesting to see what is added.

While I LOVE the Biergarten and think you would all have a great time, I wouldn't exactly call it quiet. With that being said, as adults, you would have a great time! The atmosphere and food are great as well as the beer.

fredtom

Those are all good recommendations. For lunch I would also add Cap'n Jack's- DTD Marketplace and Coral Reef- Epcot. Kona Cafe was an excellent suggestion.

Have fun.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

ThinkTink721

Tony's Town Square at the MK
Biergarten at Epcot
LeCellier at Epcot
Marrakesh at Epcot
Rose & Crown at Epcot
Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK
Grand Floridian Cafe at the GF
Coral Reef at Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom