days of lowest park attendance?

hadleybarth

We are helping friends plan their trip to WDW next month. They are going Mon., Tues., Wed., and Thurs., only and want to see the four major parks. I cannot find my copy of The Unnoficial Guide in order to tell them which days have the lowest attendance at each of the parks. Does anyone else have this info? Thanks.

SteveUK

Am I missing something really obvious? Why are certain parks busy on certain days? What attracts more people to these parks on these days?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Disneynut

People have done a lot of research on this topic. It is based on the typical vacation. The typical vacation begins on a certain day of the week and those people visit the parks in a certain order. For example a family arrives in Orlando on Sunday for a week's vacation. They begin touring on Monday at MK then go to the other parks. Other factors are school groups going to Epcot during the week, and Church/social groups going to MK on weekends. Of course all this is based on averages and can change at any time.

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

Something else that has thrown a monkey wrench into "guesstimating" which days are lighter attendence for which parks, is no more Early Entry. Then you have to try and guess if people who always did certain parks on certain days due to early entry, will still do those parks on those days, or if they will change that order since they don't have early entry anymore. Then there are the local people, and if they will alter their schedules figuring that the ex-Early Entry crowds will alter their schedules, or maybe keep them the same...

OY! I'm getting a headache! :lol:

Upvote 0

lborne

There is no Magic involved or even research in the dates posted for high attendence on particular days during a normal, non holiday week. That information is old and was based on when the resort guests had early entry into the parks. On those days, attendence was higher as stated. However, now that there is no more early entry, it is anyones guess as to how crowded the parks are.

Upvote 0

Maria

I could say by experience (in 1998-99) that Epcot was very crowded on EE days and I don´t know why, but Wednesdays seemed to be terrible! We always had more people scheduled to work on tuesdays and wednesdays.
Mk was packed on Saturdays when there usually was a parade.
I´m not sure of Studios and AK...

I would suggest that you check when the parades or special events are in the parks during your family´s stay, and avoid that park and only go to it for that special event or parade, that is, if you wish to see it, of course. :animwink:

Upvote 0

GrinningGhost

I wouldn't be surprised that the information was old. That's the problem with the Disney website, they seem to update only certain parts of it and leave old bits of misinformation (or completely blank pages - like the Downtown Disney entertainment schedule) scattered around.

My apologies if that was outdated old info...:(

G G

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom