Day after Christmas through New Years!

SoupBone

I'm pretty excited about planning a trip for my family from Dec. 26-Jan. 3. We have 4 adults and 3 kids (ages 12, 7, and 6 at the time of the trip). My wife and I are taking my nephew (the 6 year old) and it will be his first time going so we want this to be a special trip. The 12 and 7 year old have been only once to WDW but have been to Disneyland Paris several times (they live in Germany).

I posted in another thread asking a few questions and I received some great advice but I want to ask some more questions. I'm trying to book a place to stay on Disney property that overloads the senses so that my nephew gets that crazy feeling as soon as we get on property (I know you guys know the feeling). I have some money saved so far with another 6 months left to go and while I'm going all out I want to make sure I don't break my bank account either.

So here are my questions for organizations sake:

1. What resort would you recommend that will "shock and awe" but not kill my bank account?

I've considered the suites at All Star but I'm not sure 7 can fit without renting two rooms (we aren't opposed to that either).

2. My BIL is in the military and I know we can get discounts but there seems to be some roadblock with getting a dining plan. I'm not sure of the specifics but Shades of Green told my sister that we could not book a dining plan through them and had little additional info. I've already started booking meal reservations for the days we'll be there. Suggestions?

3. For New Years Eve what park should we go to? I've been for many other Holidays but never New Years so I have no clue.

4. What order would you suggest for parks? I was thinking MK first since my nephew has never been followed by Epcot, AK, DHS a day off at our resort (maybe DTD), then Epcot, and finally finishing it with MK.

I'm open to all suggestions so thanks in advance! :)

UberPlannerMom

I would talk to their mom's about whether or not the morning EMH's would work. I know my 10 year old is a total bear (really I wish I could a different b word for how she acts when I wake her up) when she gets woken up and doing it an extra hour early would not appeal to me. That is very different from my 4 year old, who, when we woke the kids up by chanting "good morning, good morning, we go to disney world today!" sat straight up in bed and said, "Ok let's go.... but could someone hold my hand to the car, my eyes won't open all the way!" Hahaha!

How late are the parks normal hours those days? If they are open til midnight anyway that extra three hours could be brutal with the kids! If they close down at 10 or so then the kids might be able to handle thos extra hours, plus you don't have to stay the WHOLE three hours. (That is something I always have to remind myself of because to me you should be in the park as long as possible, from befoe open to close!)

I would stick with MK as the first day, no matter what the EMH's are. Going to AK the first day would be kind of a let down! I think you are definitely on your way to a great trip!:sohappy:

by the way- I would totally utilize the EMH for DHS... with kids that age you can plan on spending a whole lot longer in pixar place than you ever imagined!

Upvote 0

wendysmom

We were there last Christmas with our DD and DSIL. He thought maybe the AK would be the least crowded on Christmas Day...and he was right!! We even got a private mini-tour by a cast member by the kangaroos. She really made the day special, took our pics and went to point out little known stuff on the Tree of Life. Very magical!! I *LOVED* being there at Christmas and I know you'll have a wonderful, unforgetable time there no matter where you stay or what order of parks you do. Have a great time!:xmas:

Upvote 0

SoupBone

Original Poster
I would talk to their mom's about whether or not the morning EMH's would work. I know my 10 year old is a total bear (really I wish I could a different b word for how she acts when I wake her up) when she gets woken up and doing it an extra hour early would not appeal to me. That is very different from my 4 year old, who, when we woke the kids up by chanting "good morning, good morning, we go to disney world today!" sat straight up in bed and said, "Ok let's go.... but could someone hold my hand to the car, my eyes won't open all the way!" Hahaha!

How late are the parks normal hours those days? If they are open til midnight anyway that extra three hours could be brutal with the kids! If they close down at 10 or so then the kids might be able to handle thos extra hours, plus you don't have to stay the WHOLE three hours. (That is something I always have to remind myself of because to me you should be in the park as long as possible, from befoe open to close!)

I would stick with MK as the first day, no matter what the EMH's are. Going to AK the first day would be kind of a let down! I think you are definitely on your way to a great trip!:sohappy:

by the way- I would totally utilize the EMH for DHS... with kids that age you can plan on spending a whole lot longer in pixar place than you ever imagined!

We were there last Christmas with our DD and DSIL. He thought maybe the AK would be the least crowded on Christmas Day...and he was right!! We even got a private mini-tour by a cast member by the kangaroos. She really made the day special, took our pics and went to point out little known stuff on the Tree of Life. Very magical!! I *LOVED* being there at Christmas and I know you'll have a wonderful, unforgetable time there no matter where you stay or what order of parks you do. Have a great time!:xmas:

Thanks again! I didn't have time to call today but I'm pretty sure we'll get adjoining rooms at All Star Movies plus the basic Dining plan. My wife and i must have gotten some insane discount because in 2008 we stayed at the Boardwalk (Standard Room) and had the deluxe dining plan and it only cost us $2700 and just starting to look at this trip and it's going to be way more. i cannot remember what made that trip so cheap because it was also during Christmas holidays...:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom