David's Vacation Rentals

GrumpySue

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if they have used David's Vacation Rentals ?? They are considerably cheaper than booking directly. Please let me know of your experiences.

HolleBolleGijs

Can anyone tell me if they have used David's Vacation Rentals ?? They are considerably cheaper than booking directly. Please let me know of your experiences.

A lot of people on here have used it! I haven't, but only because there was no availability for my dates. I've only heard positive reviews! Although, depending on your needs, renting points may not be the best option. For example, booking through David's is non-refundable. Do a search for renting points - there are quite a few threads about it (also look in the Disney Vacation Club section of the forum!), they should tell you everything you need to know!

GrumpySue

Original Poster
Thank you, lots of great information. Looks like a great alternative, except the pay up front, no cancellation thing is concerning. Anything can happen and I'd hate to lose everything. How much does insurance cost in this instance and where would you get it from ?

HolleBolleGijs

Thank you, lots of great information. Looks like a great alternative, except the pay up front, no cancellation thing is concerning. Anything can happen and I'd hate to lose everything. How much does insurance cost in this instance and where would you get it from ?

Alternatively, you could go through DVC Rental Store, which is just as reputable as David's. They have a "cancel for any reason" plan that costs $1.45/rented point, with a minimum of $125. Also, you don't have to pay entirely up front.

kniquy

I used them for our trip this past December. Everything went very smoothly. The communication was great with arranging the transportation as well as adding on the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom