David's Disney Vacation Club Rentals

alissafalco

David's rents for a flat $14 per point. Once you book I don't think you can get your money back. Not sure about the $90. If you want to see if its a better deal use one of the DVC point charts to find where you want to stay.

As an example based on next summer pricing.
1) BLT for a week next summer in a Standard view studio is 123 points or $1,722 if rented @$14 per point.
2) That same room has a rack rate of $504 per night after taxes or $3,528. Its a hair over 50% off the rack rate. 3) Cheapest room at the CR in the garden wing is $450 per night after tax or $3,150. Roughly a 45% discount off the rack rate.
4) A room with a king bed at Coronado Springs has a rack rate of $280 per night or $1,960. You would be paying roughly 12% below rack. If you got CS at 30% discount it would cost $1,372 so you would be paying an extra $350 for the week or about $50 a night more than a moderate at a 30% discount.
Thank you so much. Where can I find the Dvc points charts for next year?
Edit- I found it on his website, thank you for the info

Last edited:

lostpro9het

I'm just curious how is the pricing when renting points? Is it really cheaper than when Disney runs their 30% off deal? I really would like to rent points if it is a better deal. Also, as another OP said you have to pay 90$ upfront for them to search for you, do you know what the price will be before they search? or do they tell you how much it will be after they find something? what if they find something and then Disney comes out with a better deal? Can you get your 90$ back if you decide not to rent?

Personal experience:
2 years ago we tried Dave's and they didn't have the DVC we wanted, we got our$90 back

This year we tried again, a little earlier this time. Here is the breakdown between rack and renting for our two trips:

4 nights in October AKL SV
$858 for daves point rental
$2254 rack rate at disney
$1396 savings

5 nights Christmas week AKL SV:
$1391 daves point rental
$3875 rack rate at disney
$2484 savings.

FYI, the $1391 was just $100 more than staying at Pop for rack rate for the same 5 nights!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Personal experience:
2 years ago we tried Dave's and they didn't have the DVC we wanted, we got our$90 back

This year we tried again, a little earlier this time. Here is the breakdown between rack and renting for our two trips:

$1396 savings

5 nights Christmas week AKL SV:
$1391 daves point rental
$3875 rack rate at disney
$2484 savings.

FYI, the $1391 was just $100 more than staying at Pop for rack rate for the same 5 nights!

Thanks for that! It painted a perfect visual.

Spikerdink

I listed my points with David's Rentals a week ago....this afternoon was sitting at the computer and received an email that they had a buyer for all 300 of my points. They forwarded the information, I called DVC and booked the reservation.... It was the easiest transaction I ever completed!

I will use them again if I ever have to rent my points!

epcotisbest

I listed my points with David's Rentals a week ago....this afternoon was sitting at the computer and received an email that they had a buyer for all 300 of my points. They forwarded the information, I called DVC and booked the reservation.... It was the easiest transaction I ever completed!

I will use them again if I ever have to rent my points!
Glad that worked out good for you. It sounds like a win win situation.

willtravel

I did a rental thru David's vaca rental this past May and it worked out well. The next time I wanted to do it was October of 2015. My concern with David's vaca rental is the cancellation policy. In May, I had a feeling that weather wise all would be well (absolutely perfect). But in hurricane season, there is always a chance, and you cannot cancel. Well you can, but loose money. I know, no guarantees either way rental vs. booking directly thru Disney. What's November like at WDW weather wise?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I did a rental thru David's vaca rental this past May and it worked out well. The next time I wanted to do it was October of 2015. My concern with David's vaca rental is the cancellation policy. In May, I had a feeling that weather wise all would be well (absolutely perfect). But in hurricane season, there is always a chance, and you cannot cancel. Well you can, but loose money. I know, no guarantees either way rental vs. booking directly thru Disney. What's November like at WDW weather wise?

I'll let you know in about 60 days:). From what I have been reading and researching the weather is usually pretty nice. You are past hurricane season. According to weather.com November has the lowest average rainfall of any month with an avg high of 78 and an average low of 58. Of course you could get an above average week or a below avg one or it could rain all week:(.

The only downside is it could end up being a little cool for the waterparks and you probably have to pack more clothing since it will probably be warm during the day, but cool at night.

Dvcden

What ever you do DON'T USE DISBOARDS TO BUY OR RENT POINTS....I have been burnt both as a buyer and a seller...the site does nothing to help once your out the points and or money...all DVC transactions are final and you really do have 0 recourse...hope that helps

Wesleyjohn

I just rented 330 points, 2 reservations. They had a buyer for me in a day!!! Only complaint, but it worked out, David's advised me to bank my points (91) into 2014. Problem came when the reservation came through, the request was for 2013 use year. Thankfully Disney reversed the banking since only a couple days old. I had to book on reservation online and the other by phone. Minor glitch but a slight hassle. 10 min online reservation ended up taking over a hour between the two.

lostpro9het

Personal experience:

$1396 savings
Our check in went mostly smooth this morning, bunch of magic band issues none of which were David's fault, David's system works! Here is what I'm looking at from our balcony right now while we recoup for park time tonight:
d301287e580afa064659a00906100712.jpg

Weather_Lady

Here's the math on our transaction:

6 nights in May in a 2-bedroom villa at the Wilderness Lodge for 4 adults and 2 children:

We paid David's (at the price of $13/point, before it went up to $14) - $3,497.00
Cost of vacation insurance to cover the fact that our David's rental is non-refundable - $200.00
Rack rate for the same accommodations (non-discounted) - $6,568.00

Adding the rental and insurance together, we're still saving 44% off of the rack rate (or $3,071.00) for the same room! You just can't beat it -- and candidly, there is no other way my family could afford to stay a Disney Deluxe!

Rob562

Weather_Lady, I'm curious where you got your travel insurance. I have friends looking to rent DVC points next year. I recommended insurance but didn't have a company to point them toward.

-Rob

Weather_Lady

I followed the link(s) off David's site and nothing was even close to 100% refund @ $200 Insurance...

@Rob562 et al., we didn't get our insurance through the David's site link. I shopped around and purchased it from Travel Guard online. (We've previously gotten insurance through Travel Guard, thanks to the recommendation of the travel agent with whom we booked our last Disney World vacation.)

It's their "Silver" policy and it covers our room and our airfare (total of $4,700) for about $250, about $200 of which pertains to the room cost. It includes, along with coverage for lost baggage and medical emergencies, all travel delays (up to $500/pp), and gives us 100% coverage for trip cancellations or interruptions caused by (among other things) the illness of anyone in our traveling party. We'll have two travelers over the age of 70, so I was especially concerned with health issues in selecting insurance.

http://www.travelguard.com/

Last edited:

Minthorne

I went with friends last May who own DVC at we stayed at OKW in a Grand Villa. Withtheir points they booked 7 nights and then we had a second reservation for 2 more nights that were rented from DVCRentals.com
That trip was perfect.

3 friends of mine rented with me from Dave's for March 2014 at an OKW studio. The transaction again was smooth. We have our reservation.

Last week there was a last minute special and I snagged 3 nights at Saratoga Springs 11/20-23 for 45 points at 8/point ($360 total)

Honestly, I love renting points now!!

Hobnail Boot

I figured I would bump this instead of starting a new thread. My sister and her husband are trying to rent points for New Years. I told them it was probably too late, and sure enough it was too late through David's. Does anyone know of any safe, reliable alternatives that may have points left for that time of year?

Phonedave

I figured I would bump this instead of starting a new thread. My sister and her husband are trying to rent points for New Years. I told them it was probably too late, and sure enough it was too late through David's. Does anyone know of any safe, reliable alternatives that may have points left for that time of year?

The issue is going to be getting a room - period. I am sure David's has POINTS available. It is just that there are no ROOMS available for those dates. I doubt you will find anything.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom