David Copperfield at Disney?

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
I remember when I went to WDW around 1998 I believe, that there was a big sign in front of the Studios entrance that said, COMING SOON! David Copperfield's Magic Underground, or something like that...

did this ever happen, and what was it?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
that would have been a really cool resturant. i would love to see all the themeing in that one.

that is to bad it never happened. maybe one day.

bhg469

jmaxwell007 said:
that would have been a really cool resturant. i would love to see all the themeing in that one.

that is to bad it never happened. maybe one day.

He isnt quite as popular as he used to be. it would be really cool though.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
bhg469 said:
He isnt quite as popular as he used to be. it would be really cool though.

yeh, he did kind of fall off the face of the earth didnt he. well, that maybe because im not in vegas looking at his billboard.

wait a minute, i wonder if his demise came when he had that special showing how magicians perform thier tricks................... or was that lance burton.

i like david blane. ive always wonder how he does that levitating thing???? :brick: must know!!!!

boo52

The open area behind the B&B stage was where the restraunt was to be built. This undeveloped area can be seen when you are using the backstage exit of Fantasmic! thats leads you up to the stroller storage area and out the gates by the entrance to B&B.

AllThatsJoey

ogryn said:
He stands on one leg... seriously!
I friend of mine did that trick for me one day and I seriously freaked out. He has that video that was in the link and does it perfectly. A lot of it had to do with the way he built up the trick. He would tell us that he can't always do it and that it physicaly drains him when he does it. He even got a glass of water ready for after the trick. Anyways it was really cool.

artvandelay

Copperfield was building a restaraunt with the same theming in NYC. They ran out of money when it was halfway done. The shell of the building was there for years. I think it was on the corner of 49th and Broadway. A lot of litigation was involved because they owed a lot of money to a lot of people

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom