News Date set for reopening of Rafiki’s Planet Watch along with new Animation Experience

GlacierGlacier

Finally. And with the addition of the new experience, too.

Also, "Each session will be different, and will include characters such as Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa and Timon."

Thankfully, I don't see any zootopia in there.

That's not meant to be a dig at ZootopiaDude, but, as many have said, Zootopia is not a thematic fit for the park and I'm glad Disney is maintaining that.

Disney Dad 3000

Also, "Each session will be different, and will include characters such as Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa and Timon."

I don't see any zootopia in there :)
Agreed. Halfway through reading I fully expected the animation class to be a paid experience. Remains to be seen if it's worth a FP, but is a nice variety and new choice for park guests.

jaxj21

Thankfully, I don't see any zootopia in there.

That's not meant to be a dig at ZootopiaDude, but, as many have said, Zootopia is not a thematic fit for the park and I'm glad Disney is maintaining that.
I understood it to mean that it would be changing to fit whatever the most recent animal movie they can promote. So if Zootopia 2 ever comes out... 😬

TrainsOfDisney

You know that will never happen. They simply can't admit that they were wrong. Kinda like all the people claiming that FoP couldn't possibly survive without a second Avatar movie being a hit. All those naysayers have disappeared.

While I don’t I said it would “never” reopen I probably would have put a bet on it! Ha. I’m glad to see it reopen, along with another closed attraction (animation academy) that is a smaller capacity but really nice guest moment. What’s more Disney than drawing a Disney animated character at Disney!?

This area is the least Disney and most “zoo” like area of the park. I’ve enjoyed my visits there, it’s a quieter and slower pace where you can learn quite a bit if you take some time.

dclick4968

When the Animation Academy was open at DHS, they rotated through different characters throughout the day as well.

Agreed. Halfway through reading I fully expected the animation class to be a paid experience. Remains to be seen if it's worth a FP, but is a nice variety and new choice for park guests.

When the Animation Academy was open at DHS, it was often a wait of an hour or so to get into the next class. We had to actually plan wait times for the experience.

Kman101

This is a pretty clever location for Animation Academy as it’s not jam-packed with people.

It’d still make more sense in DHS but I’ll take it here. When is DCA dumping their animation building?

Not to you MansionButler .... And to those who want to get a dig in about it not reopening, I’d like to remind some of you they have a history of leaving empty buildings and pavilions and sorry but it wasn’t clear at first what the deal was ... so save being smug, it’s not becoming ;)

And while seen as an excuse, yes plans change ;)

Kman101

I wasn't necessarily one of those people, but I believe the plan at one point was that it wouldn't reopen, and would remain backstage vet space. This one was pretty back and forth for awhile.

Yep. This. But I guess let them be smug and ‘have this’. I don’t understand wanting to crow about this at all. Who keeps track just to say I told you so? Lol. Seems petty.

Kman101

Actually, TDO has trained us to think that when something goes down for refurbishment...it just might not come back...There are plenty of examples of this all over the place, so to think it might never reopen was not entirely unusual...

But being blind is more fun!!! Magical and all that ...

HauntedMansionFLA

When the Animation Academy was open at DHS, they rotated through different characters throughout the day as well.

When the Animation Academy was open at DHS, it was often a wait of an hour or so to get into the next class. We had to actually plan wait times for the experience.
Isn’t Epcot getting a Animation Academy when the Play Pavilion opens at the old WoL?
I’m happy Rafiki’s is opening again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom