DAS Help!

yensid1967

Just wondering how I go about getting DAS!? I read where you can pre register online chat, but takes hours or you can go to City Hall and get it the day of. I cannot stand in a line too long because of Anxiety and pinched nerve...I can stand in line for about 30 minutes before my back and legs begin to ache with pain. Any advice/help would be appreciated

HouCuseChickie

My brother needs it for my nephew and my parents now require it for some new health conditions. No documentation needed, nor can they require it. I think they have signed up for it both ways. I know the online chat has been a major source of frustration. I talked to my brother about it the other week and the wait was something absurd...like 5 hours. It disconnected him several times, but to add insult to injury, the person that did finally come on to help him (after several hours into waiting) didn't think anyone was there. So, they terminated it as well. I think he stepped away or looked away for a whopping 30 seconds after being a slave to the screen for hours. My parents recently went and decided to take care of it in person since the online option is ridiculous. They both agreed that Guest Relations in person is so much easier.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
My brother needs it for my nephew and my parents now require it for some new health conditions. No documentation needed, nor can they require it. I think they have signed up for it both ways. I know the online chat has been a major source of frustration. I talked to my brother about it the other week and the wait was something absurd...like 5 hours. It disconnected him several times, but to add insult to injury, the person that did finally come on to help him (after several hours into waiting) didn't think anyone was there. So, they terminated it as well. I think he stepped away or looked away for a whopping 30 seconds after being a slave to the screen for hours. My parents recently went and decided to take care of it in person since the online option is ridiculous. They both agreed that Guest Relations in person is so much easier.
THANKS! Definitely will be going the day of! Seems easiest!

Upvote 0

Sawdust

Just wondering how I go about getting DAS!? I read where you can pre register online chat, but takes hours or you can go to City Hall and get it the day of. I cannot stand in a line too long because of Anxiety and pinched nerve...I can stand in line for about 30 minutes before my back and legs begin to ache with pain. Any advice/help would be appreciated
We were able to get it at guest services in the park (Studios) but we arrived at the park opening and the line wasn't too long. The process itself only took 10 - 15 mins. I've heard the online process is frustrating.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I had pre-registered for the DAS program two times online. Both times, I contacted them right at 7am. The process of being confirmed and picking the two DAS required me to chat to two different people. The process in whole took me about 1.5 hours the first time and 45 the second time. I had to chat with the DAS reservation person again the next week due to my trip being longer than 10 days and that took about 30 mintues again. Before the online service was offered, I had always registerd at Guest Services at EPCOT as they seemed to have the shortest line.

Upvote 0

wendysue

First of all, I understand your pain and am sorry that you have to endure that. I have the same problem plus a couple different kinds of nasty arthritis. I paid for a preferred room and asked to be somewhere close to the pool but was put at the back of a building by the road by the STAIRS. They said it was the only room left. I went to City Hall and and explained the situation to see about getting the DAS and she told me to go get a wheelchair. (my husband and myself would have issues pushing it). I can walk slowly, but need to sit often. I didn't want to cut in line or anything...just to be able to come back at the time I would have gotten in. Anyway, we ended up going back to our hotel and checked out 2 days early. I did not see any of the great Disney customer service we used to see. Best of luck to you and hope you have a different experience. :)

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
They will not need to know about your diagnosis, per se, they need to know about your hardships and how they impact your experience. So if you say you have a pinched nerve, for example, it's not something they can make a determination with. If you say the pinched nerve makes it impossible to stand for more than Thiru minutes but you can sit, they may determine a wheelchair is an appropriate accommodation. I don't know all the one and outs of how they determine what, but they do it based on the symptoms, not the diagnosis. same for the anxiety.

As for the guest services experience, is really pleasant and short. You show up with your whole party and request DAS. Answer any questions they ask. If you're approved, they'll take your picture with the iPad, and add everyone in your party to your DAS (again, they have to be physically there). When you use your DAS you just need to tap in first, then the CM at the ride will push their button, and then your family can tap in behind you.

We haven't used the online DAS yet so I can't speak to that.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I just registered for DAS this morning online. I'm on the west coast so I was up and online right at 4am (7am eastern)--I waited about 5 minutes before a cast member logged on and within minutes did the video portion of the registration process. The only question I was asked was why I needed the pass. Before I could even explain the full reason of why I need the DAS pass (T1 diabetic who does not do well heat and who has wildly fluctuating blood sugar when on vacation) he told me basically, "enough said" and asked if I wanted to book my 2 rides. That took slightly more time to do (got kicked off twice but was able to get right back on with the same agent). All in all, the entire process, registering for DAS and booking rides for 10-days to less than 1-hour total. I don't know if their process is getting better and wait times are lower but I would definitely recommend getting on at 7am!

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I just registered for DAS this morning online. I'm on the west coast so I was up and online right at 4am (7am eastern)--I waited about 5 minutes before a cast member logged on and within minutes did the video portion of the registration process. The only question I was asked was why I needed the pass. Before I could even explain the full reason of why I need the DAS pass (T1 diabetic who does not do well heat and who has wildly fluctuating blood sugar when on vacation) he told me basically, "enough said" and asked if I wanted to book my 2 rides. That took slightly more time to do (got kicked off twice but was able to get right back on with the same agent). All in all, the entire process, registering for DAS and booking rides for 10-days to less than 1-hour total. I don't know if their process is getting better and wait times are lower but I would definitely recommend getting on at 7am!
Oh man! That’s awesome. Hopefully others will have a similar experience. It seems nuts to me that a DAS pass is supposed to help with people who have trouble standing on long lines when the process to obtain a DAS is one giant line…

Upvote 0

correcaminos

That is awesome. Have a fantastic trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom