DAS and Fastpass Plus

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
I will be traveling with a friend, and she has a handicapped daughter. When we were at Disneyland, we used the DAS system, and it worked very well. Now that we are going to WDW, I was wondering about Fastpass Plus. After we use our initial three fast passes that I will book 60 days out, we should then use the DAS system, rather than trying to get additional fast passes from the kiosks? I hope I am asking this question correctly. Is the DAS information stored on the Magicband? I know that she will need to sign up for the DAS on our first day in a park. In our case that will be the MK. How many additional people can be in the party with the handicapped child?

Retroman40

You can use the two systems at the same time. Just remember that when you get a DAS return time it will be the current SB wait minus 10 minutes and you can't arrange a second DAS time until you use the first. Also keep in mind that while anyone in the party can make the arrangements at the desired attraction, the daughter must be present and scan first to "unlock" everyone else in the party. The kiosks are nice, but you can now use the MDX app to reserve 4th FP+ and beyond. As soon as you use the third this can be done - I've done it while in a queue for the 3rd FP+. I'm not sure of the absolute total limit of the party but I know it can be at least 6.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. I understand the wait time concerning the DAS. I have discussed this with my friend, and she seems more interested in sticking with DAS, then getting additional fast passes. Maybe there is some logic in that, because as the day goes by, some fast passes will not be available.

Retroman40

FP+ for some more popular attractions will most likely be unavailable the day of a visit. My recommendation is to get them for three "must do" attractions and use DAS in conjunction. The system isn't perfect by any means but a good touring plan can make the day a lot better for a guest with a disability who simply can't wait in line. The key is often managing expectations. Good luck!

rob0519

When you go to get registered for DAS at Guest Services in your first park, I think it's customary for them to give put on use at any time on any attraction DAS pass to get your started. If they don't mention it, politely ask and I'm sure you will get one.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
When you go to get registered for DAS at Guest Services in your first park, I think it's customary for them to give put on use at any time on any attraction DAS pass to get your started. If they don't mention it, politely ask and I'm sure you will get one.

Yes, that is what happened when we used it at Disneyland, a little more than a year ago. On our first day, when we are at Magic Kingdom, I am going to plan the three fast passes for a few hours after we arrive. I don't want to have anything overlap at the beginning of our first day.

StarWarsGirl

I will be traveling with a friend, and she has a handicapped daughter. When we were at Disneyland, we used the DAS system, and it worked very well. Now that we are going to WDW, I was wondering about Fastpass Plus. After we use our initial three fast passes that I will book 60 days out, we should then use the DAS system, rather than trying to get additional fast passes from the kiosks? I hope I am asking this question correctly. Is the DAS information stored on the Magicband? I know that she will need to sign up for the DAS on our first day in a park. In our case that will be the MK. How many additional people can be in the party with the handicapped child?
The DAS is in no way linked to FP+. It is on the MB, and you can see the information for DAS times on MDE, but which FPs you have doesn't impact your DAS at all. There's really no limit on the amount of people you can add to the DAS, but you do have to take their MBs to Guest Relations when you get the DAS to add them to it.

We usually send a runner to get a DAS time as soon as we get in the park (although when you initially get the DAS, they will give you a time right there). The person who needs the DAS does not have to be there to get the return time. They just have to be there to get in line. They have to be the first person to scan their MB, and then the rest of the group scans their MBs. You can use the DAS concurrently with FP+. There's no need for it to strictly be one or the other. You can also use the DAS to get times for attractions that you were unable to get a FP for. For instance, DHS and Epcot both use a Tiered FP+ system, where you get one FP from Tier 1 and two from Tier 2. So you can't get a FP for both TT and Soarin' at Epcot, so you could get a FP for one attraction and a DAS time for another.

Additional FPs can now be booked directly from the app. No need to visit a kiosk. But it probably will be harder to get additional FPs for popular attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom