DAS advice

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
Can someone please give me some advice on how using 2 das will work? Was only going to use one but the more I got thinking I'm afraid in case one of my boys have a meltdown and wants to leave don't then want my other son being forced into meltdown. In a position that granny will be there so can take one back to hotel if things get bad. Both boys are on the spectrum. Any advice welcomed

JourneysEnd

If they will let you have two it will allow you to get return times on two rides at a time instead of one.
Have you communicated with any of the people at Autism at the parks? If not, I suggested you check out their site and twitter feed. They are experts at this.

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
oh really I will have to look them up then. Really don't want it looking like we r taking advantage however as a family it may be best for us

DrummerAlly

If you can, I would get two just in case. I have a three year old daughter with autism and sensory processing disorder and I completely understand the melt down fear. I would get both and pocket the other one unless you split up.

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
If you can, I would get two just in case. I have a three year old daughter with autism and sensory processing disorder and I completely understand the melt down fear. I would get both and pocket the other one unless you split up.
my eldest has mobility issues too and tires easily so I can def see him having to go back to hotel. My other son would def flip out so think it would be safer to have both. As u say it would only be needed if we have to split up. Hope I'm worrying for nothing and they will be ok.

JourneysEnd

my eldest has mobility issues too and tires easily so I can def see him having to go back to hotel. My other son would def flip out so think it would be safer to have both. As u say it would only be needed if we have to split up. Hope I'm worrying for nothing and they will be ok.
FYI be careful using the "mobility issues". They don't give DAS for that and may fail to hear the rest of your issues. If you need DAS for sensory issues, keep the conversation on that.

jaklgreen

The DAS is attached to your magic band now so it is not a paper ticket to get 2 of. I am not sure how they would handle it in your case. I would think that they would just see it as you are getting the benefit with DAS and leave it at that. So basically you would get your 3 FP a day plus unlimited rides (one at a time) with your DAS. Not sure if the system would even allow you to have 2 active DAS at the same time. Might want to call Disney directly.

JourneysEnd

The DAS is attached to your magic band now so it is not a paper ticket to get 2 of. I am not sure how they would handle it in your case. I would think that they would just see it as you are getting the benefit with DAS and leave it at that. So basically you would get your 3 FP a day plus unlimited rides (one at a time) with your DAS. Not sure if the system would even allow you to have 2 active DAS at the same time. Might want to call Disney directly.
I think you're correct. Somebody posted on another forum they were only allowed one as it was attached to the bands. Will that still work if the child it's initially setup for leaves the park?

jaklgreen

From what I understand if it is for a minor then and adult would be the "main" person to set up the DAS for the rides. How it works is, you go up to the ride you want to go on and tell the cast member at the entrance you want to set up DAS. They take their handheld and scan your ban and I believe they ask you for how many people. Then they give you the return time. They do not make the child scan because people were concerned that the autistic children might have a problem seeing the ride and not going on it right away so they made it so an adult can set it up. You will need to talk to Disney about this when you get there. I am sure there is a way for them to have it attached to both of your children. I doubt your family is the only one with this issue. I would not worry about it, it will work out. What is nice about it, the return time shows up on your My Disney Experience so you do not need to remember the return time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom