Dark Ride based on anything for a Disney Park ( Blue Sky)

DashHaber

That would be a really cool idea. Personally I would love to see a dark ride based off Tony Baxter's idea.
Oh, definitely. I've been thinking about a potential Mary Poppins attraction, and I'd have to owe my own vision for a dark ride to some degree on Tony Baxter's idea. It's a great one, and if they were able to figure out how to realize it, it could make for something special.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Oh, definitely. I've been thinking about a potential Mary Poppins attraction, and I'd have to owe my own vision for a dark ride to some degree on Tony Baxter's idea. It's a great one, and if they were able to figure out how to realize it, it could make for something special.
Tony Baxter is truly one of the greatest imagineers. I would have loved to see his Mary Poppins ride and his wizard of oz land as well.

DashHaber

Tony Baxter is truly one of the greatest imagineers. I would have loved to see his Mary Poppins ride and his wizard of oz land as well.
Absolutely. The man gave us some classic attractions, and just imagine what he could have done with today's tech. I would have loved to see his Mary Poppins ride fully realized, or just what he would have done with a Land of Oz area.

Speaking of which, one old ride idea I remember reading about and liking was that they had plans for a Dick Tracy dark ride at DHS, back when it was still Disney-MGM. It would have been called Dick Tracy's Crime-Stoppers, with riders using tommy guns to shoot out with colorful gangsters.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Absolutely. The man gave us some classic attractions, and just imagine what he could have done with today's tech. I would have loved to see his Mary Poppins ride fully realized, or just what he would have done with a Land of Oz area.

Speaking of which, one old ride idea I remember reading about and liking was that they had plans for a **** Tracy dark ride at DHS, back when it was still Disney-MGM. It would have been called **** Tracy's Crime-Stoppers, with riders using tommy guns to shoot out with colorful gangsters.
Yeah the guy is a genius they would have been amazing to see. I wish Disney could get the rights to the Wizard of Oz. Oh yeah I remember seeing that! It looked amazing! I wish it was built same with the Roger Rabbit and Muppets lands and rides.

DashHaber

Yeah the guy is a genius they would have been amazing to see. I wish Disney could get the rights to the Wizard of Oz. Oh yeah I remember seeing that! It looked amazing! I wish it was built same with the Roger Rabbit and Muppets lands and rides.
Definitely agree on Disney getting the rights of Wizard of Oz. The books may be in the public domain, but so much is honestly tied to that original movie.

Yeah, there was so much promising stuff in the original "phase 2" of DHS. Surely they could dust off some of the Muppets ideas, at the very least.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Definitely agree on Disney getting the rights of Wizard of Oz. The books may be in the public domain, but so much is honestly tied to that original movie.

Yeah, there was so much promising stuff in the original "phase 2" of DHS. Surely they could dust off some of the Muppets ideas, at the very least.
I agree. I can see Disney adding a Muppets ride or land to the park. Rumors say Monsters Inc and Indy are the next lands to be added to the park to replace Animation Courtyard and Echo Lake.

DashHaber

I agree. I can see Disney adding a Muppets ride or land to the park. Rumors say Monsters Inc and Indy are the next lands to be added to the park to replace Animation Courtyard and Echo Lake.
Interesting to hear. I could see maybe expanding a little on the Grand Avenue area where MuppetVision is, turn it into Muppet Studios with that and at least one additional ride. Maybe a dark ride, or a Gonzo-themed family coaster.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Interesting to hear. I could see maybe expanding a little on the Grand Avenue area where MuppetVision is, turn it into Muppet Studios with that and at least one additional ride. Maybe a dark ride, or a Gonzo-themed family coaster.
That would be awesome! I would demo PizzeRizzo and parts of Star Tours to make a Gonzo the great stunt coaster. Or maybe the Great Muppet Movie Ride. Anything would be awesome.

jeanericuser001

Honestly I think Rizzo's should be converted into a full muppet based restaurant with a better italian menu and Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem doing musical performances similar to sunny eclipse. That would give the place some new life. Maybe connect a gift shop to there would not be a bad idea too. As for creating a new muppets ride, I think its time to demo the 3d show, old gift shop, and yeah I will get some flak for it, the momma melrose italian restaurant. They can move it to a new location with more seating and no I am not talking about rizzos. This will give a pretty sizeable area to build a new ride plus to add even more space it can exit out directly into the restaurant. As for the ride, Im thinking maybe a 3d dark ride tour of muppet studios would not be a bad idea. Each scene would be a different part of muppet studios including the kitchen, science lab, ms piggy's room, and a few other different locations. The finale would of course be sam eagle with fireworks. During the display something goes wrong and you leave just as mayhem ensues with kermit inviting you to come again.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Honestly I think Rizzo's should be converted into a full muppet based restaurant with a better italian menu and Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem doing musical performances similar to sunny eclipse. That would give the place some new life. Maybe connect a gift shop to there would not be a bad idea too. As for creating a new muppets ride, I think its time to demo the 3d show, old gift shop, and yeah I will get some flak for it, the momma melrose italian restaurant. They can move it to a new location with more seating and no I am not talking about rizzos. This will give a pretty sizeable area to build a new ride plus to add even more space it can exit out directly into the restaurant. As for the ride, Im thinking maybe a 3d dark ride tour of muppet studios would not be a bad idea. Each scene would be a different part of muppet studios including the kitchen, science lab, ms piggy's room, and a few other different locations. The finale would of course be sam eagle with fireworks. During the display something goes wrong and you leave just as mayhem ensues with kermit inviting you to come again.
I'm all for a Muppets ride but ti should not replace Muppet Vison 3d.

jeanericuser001

I think a better idea would be to have a two person pod racer AR sim ride. As you approach the loading area, you will have a choice of 5 different pod sim vehicles based on different star wars character pod racers. When its your turn, you will be assigned a room to enter with a vehicle sim with seating for two. Once inside the vehicle, one person will control the steering and the other will control acceleration as well as braking. The ride would tilt horizonally and vertically based on various decisions as well as where you are on the track. The race itself will consist of 6 pod sims in separate rooms. Once the timer is up all racers will start on the standard naboo track with a number of hazards that must be avoided as well as some interference. The one catch to be wary of is the shield status of your pod sim. If your pod is damaged too much your vehicle will stall out, the sim will end, and you will exit. The winner will be either the first one to make it to the finish line or who ever survived the longest. That would certainly make for an interesting addition to galaxy's edge plus it would require far less space than a coaster.

I'm all for a Muppets ride but ti should not replace Muppet Vison 3d.

Honestly as much as I like the film its become extremely dated. Remember it was done all the way back when vhs was still the prime medium of choice. All the efforts to improve the projection and 3d are like stretching an already faded picture to the point that that its barely watchable. Either its time for a new film or just put in something new that uses the same concept only allowing the audience a better experience.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I think a better idea would be to have a two person pod racer AR sim ride. As you approach the loading area, you will have a choice of 5 different pod sim vehicles based on different star wars character pod racers. When its your turn, you will be assigned a room to enter with a vehicle sim with seating for two. Once inside the vehicle, one person will control the steering and the other will control acceleration as well as braking. The ride would tilt horizonally and vertically based on various decisions as well as where you are on the track. The race itself will consist of 6 pod sims in separate rooms. Once the timer is up all racers will start on the standard naboo track with a number of hazards that must be avoided as well as some interference. The one catch to be wary of is the shield status of your pod sim. If your pod is damaged too much your vehicle will stall out, the sim will end, and you will exit. The winner will be either the first one to make it to the finish line or who ever survived the longest. That would certainly make for an interesting addition to galaxy's edge plus it would require far less space than a coaster.

Honestly as much as I like the film its become extremely dated. Remember it was done all the way back when vhs was still the prime medium of choice. All the efforts to improve the projection and 3d are like stretching an already faded picture to the point that that its barely watchable. Either its time for a new film or just put in something new that uses the same concept only allowing the audience a better experience.
That would be a really neat idea. The Podracing ride could be Disney's answer to Universal's Mario kart ride.

EmFromPlanetEarth

i also think they should make a extension of toy story land to include the toy soldiers parachute drop and rc racer, but not slinky dog spin, because i dont think two slinky dog rides would make sense. maybe also throw in a proper toy story dark ride retelling the story of the first movie. it would go in part of the space leftover from the star wars land and toy story land expansions, the rest would be used for star wars land. oh, and add in a pizza planet too, themed to a pizza planet play set. the dark ride would be a fantasyland style one, with the cardboard cutouts that move, but it would be a little bigger than your average phinoccio's daring journey, maybe about winnie the pooh sized, but slightly larger than that. so lets just say its the same size as superstar limo/ mike and sully to the rescue at dca.)

jeanericuser001

I just thought of what could be the next generation of the haunted mansion only instead using Monsters Inc. The story is you are being invited to what looks like a tour of a scary haunted house attraction. What you do not know is that this is a cleverly disguised scare factory controlled by none other than mike wazowski. In canon this would take place prior to monsters inc but after monsters university. Getting back to the ride itself, you will go through a regular scary que but with a person telling you its ok to be scared and scream all you like. Once on the ride you go through different scary scenes with various monsters attempting to scare you with varying degrees of success which is measured by a decible meter disguised as a scream meter. As you get near the end of the ride you will suddenly be in a backstage area with mike wazowski reviewing each of the monsters on how successful they were at scaring people with pictures taken of various people's reactions at certain points. Mike realize you are watching and will then thank you for contributing before you suddenly hitting you with what is supposed to be a memory eraser. After that its back to the scary setting where you will exit into a monsters inc gift shop.

DashHaber

Wow, that podracing idea would be a really cool idea for a ride.

jeanericuser001

I figured I would revisit the pod racer sim only with a more detailed description.

The initial que will take place in a racing garage style setting with a variety of pod racers being worked on by droids and unseen workers. At certain points you may even see a pod racer briefly sputter to life only to shut down shortly after. Eventually at the end of the que you will make it to a room and on a screen you will see none other than Watto along with a couple other alien workers. Watto will explain that he is looking for some pod racers for the next Boonta Eve Classic pod racing competition. How ever he is not gonna let any person race the pod racers he has been preparing for the competition. He wants only the best and therefore you will not be flying his pod racers. You will be flying in modified......I mean "specialized" training simulators created by the republic. The each simulator will be based on a different pod racing vehicle. It will be up to you once on board to figure out how to drive your vehicle properly and since this is an important race your vehicle simulator will simulate real damage. Too much damage and your simulator will shut down. After the race is done Watto will inform you on your success or failures in the race as well as any chances of a future opportunity to race again. Once the video is done you will move into another que area with numerous droids working as well as recognizable scraps of various other droids. Along the way you will see a safety briefing from a training robot as well as some of the tracks you may potentially get to race in. Eventually when you reach the end of the que you will a series of vehicles mounted on kuka robotic arms. When it is your time you will go up the stairs to a loading platform. Once you step inside the vehicle, you will strap in with shoulder restraints and a seatbelt as well as put on your AR goggles. These goggles will help protect you according to the briefing as well as give you various display information you would actually find in the pod but have been stripped out in the simulator for "monetary" reasons. The basic controls will be present with the person on the left controlling the steering while the other controls the acceleration as well as breaking. Once the signal is given, your doors will close thus isolating you from the outside. A display will activate showing you what the view will looks like from within the cockpit looking out. On the outside, kuka robotic arm will move away from the platform and to a position awaiting the start of the race. Now your race tracks will consist of one of four different possible tracks: Naboo, Tatooine, Desolation Alley, and Malastare. Naboo will consist of a forest track leading into an underwater tunnel track and eventually finishing in Theed but beware the gungans did not give their permission for a race in their tunnels. Tatooine of course is the classic Boonta Eve we all know and love though beware the sand people. Desolation alley is a prison planet track with a lot of unhappy inmates eager to mess with the race for profit. The last is a race across the lush jungles of Malastare but be warned there is great profit to be made in these races hence many are ready to interfere to help make a profit. Once you have completed or failed to win in the race you will get a message. If you failed miserably Watto will comment on your failure and tell you that you need a lot more practice if you are gonna even think of trying to pod race. If you came close to winning Watto will "graciously" offer to let you try again any time as he feels you are close to being someone useful in the race. If you completed the track and won the race then Watto will let you know that he will be sending a message soon to let you know when the next race is coming up as he is looking forward to betting a small fortune on your success. You will then have the vehicle return to the loading bay as you exit down the same stairs you entered. After that you will walk down a pathway leading to the exit. Along the way you will see your progress on the track as well as how well you did overall in completing the race. As you exit you will find yourself in a gift shop as well as a photo op area as you can have your picture taken in a green screen pod racer setup as well as wearing various pod racer equipment. You will also be able to get a pod racer driver's license as to show you are now "qualified" to be a pod racer. How is that for a ride?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom