Dark PerGron's Manor of Mysteries [Hype Thread] {Sign Ups}

PerGron

Original Poster
IMG_6839.jpeg

As our final day before starting the game, today will be more active with multiple different Top 5 showcases throughout the day so keep your eyes peeled for them!

To start us off though, Halloween is tied for my favorite holiday and one of my favorite parts of Halloween is ghosts. I don’t believe in ghosts personally, but the idea of them is thrilling and exciting to me, so for our first top 5, we have Top 5 Ghosts. These can be from movies, television, comics, literature, or urban legends, the only caveat is they have to be non-corporeal spirits, no ghouls or zombies here.

Also, a reminder, we have spots open for the game. Teams will be announced tonight before the game starts at the stroke of 12, but it’s not too late to get in on the fun if you haven’t already. Now, let’s rank.

#5- Zero (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
IMG_6859.jpeg

A lot of famous ghosts were fighting for this spot, like the twins from the Shining, Freddy Krueger, and a few others. Yet the one that had to take the spot was Zero. I love dogs and the idea of a ghost dog just brings joy to my heart. He doesn’t do a whole lot in the movie, but just the fact we have a ghost dog makes me happy.

#4- Chandelure (Pokèmon)
IMG_6856.jpeg

It’s been a minute since I’ve played Pokèmon, I kinda fell out right after X and Y came out due to how ridiculously easy those games were. From there on, I haven’t thought a whole lot about the generations post Gen 4 where I was the prime age to enjoy it. However, one Gen 5 Pokemon that has stuck with me was Chandelure. I had a shiny one in my play-through of Pokemon White that helped me defeat the league and it’s stuck out as one Pokemon I’ll never forget. Definitely my favorite ghost type.

#3- The Ghost of Christmas Present (A Muppet’s Christmas Carol)
IMG_6860.jpeg

You can substitute this one with any of the Ghost of Christmas Present from any of the adaptations of this story. A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite stories of all time and the Muppets just happen to have made my favorite adaptation of it, so I went with him. That being said, I love how jovial this character is despite his existence not lasting past the present. It’s a great character and my favorite of the many Christmas Carol ghosts.

#2- The Bent-Neck Lady (Haunting of Hill House)
IMG_6861.jpeg

All my ghosts prior to this were friendly, but you know I had to throw on a scary ghost. Still, if you’ve seen Mike Flanagan’s adaptation of The Haunting of Hill House, this character is both terrifying and horribly tragic which is what I like in my ghosts. I find the idea of ghosts as guides or as tragic figures to be the best ghosts over something just evil and scary and this ghost is one of the best examples of both.

#1- Grand Master Yoda (The Last Jedi)
IMG_6854.png

My hottest take that gets me in trouble a lot is I think The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie, and while I love all the stuff with Luke and Rey and Kylo and I even like the Poe stuff, the biggest part of why I love this movie so much is the sequence with Yoda. Yoda felt like the OG character who we hadn’t seen in a very long time. Add onto that some great lines about being a teacher and just great overall Yodaisms, it is easily my favorite scene in all of Star Wars bar none.

With that, share your favorite ghosts and keep your eyes peeled for more before tonight!​

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

@Dark PerGron will be joining us for a Halloween Edition of Disney Debates tonight at 10PM Eastern. We'll be covering the following spooooooky questions.

1. Which Marvel character should star in the next horror themed "Special Presentation"?

2. Besides the Haunted Mansion, which Disney attraction should Jack Skellington take over?

3. Which Disney character should get possessed in the next Exorcist movi

ThemeParkPriest

I'll go the Scooby-Doo route:

Ghost of Blackbeard
Snow Ghost
Ghost of Vazquez Castle
Technicolor Phantoms (Strawberry, Chocolate, Vanilla)
Green Ghosts/Phantoms

Edit: some of mine were "ghouls"

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Hi everyone.

Sorry for falling off the face of the earth for a while. After my grandpa’s passing I developed this rather unexpected feeling of melancholy surrounding Disney Parks. I never thought that could ever be a thing. Thankfully that feeling has subsided recently and in fact I’m now actually craving a trip to Disneyland.

This is still my happy place and I’ve missed you all. 💜

cdunlap

Hi, I just wanted to announce a passion project of mine that I am bringing to fruition, a Google Slides presentation about Disney World’s Theming. It will cover all 4 parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom) and their respective theming. MK will focus on each land, DHS will have a similar focus, showing each land’s theming, EPCOT will focus mainly on World Showcase with slight references to Used-To-Be-Future World, and DAK will focus mainly on Africa and Asia with notes on animals added for the part of me that enjoyed Biology.

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

I have officially hit 100 movies for my 2023 100 movies challenge. With two months to go even, meaning I’m well on the way to 150!

Check out my rankings here if you want to. I’ll probably do a video or podcast or something at the end of the year to rank them all officially, so the list is subject to change
It took me a while to see where you had rated Oppenheimer—#13. Barbie—#5. Barbenheimer—#1. ;)

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Just got done watching the fnaf movie. Absolutely loved it, except for the middle part, for me that part was decent. The death scenes especially that one girl with Freddy was amazing(honestly I was not expecting it). Also end credits song, that just hit different

Chaos Cat

Park Lore just posted a ideal buildout of Magic Kingdom with a whooping 20,000 word count:
MK-buildout-final-map-large-scaled.jpg

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Park Lore just posted a ideal buildout of Magic Kingdom with a whooping 20,000 word count:
MK-buildout-final-map-large-scaled.jpg
Parklore is my soul and inspiration ❤️

But anyways, does anyone know how to get that description thing under a user's post? For example, ChaosCat having the armchair imagineer to have fun description. Is it a paying thing or is there a toggle I missed?

Edit: answered my own question!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Well color me jealous, my magic kingdom feels insignificant to this. Does anyone know what software he is using for making the map

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom