Daredevil Season 3

Maeryk

Haven't had time to binge it yet. S2 was very reminiscent of the Ann Nocenti helmed comics. Dark and angsty (even for ole hornhead). It was a long slow build, and the Netflix team have shown what they can do when they try (punisher) and when they don't (iron meh). I'm cautiously optimistic about S3.

Course.. they cancelled Luke Cage.. so they may not know what they are doing.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Haven't had time to binge it yet. S2 was very reminiscent of the Ann Nocenti helmed comics. Dark and angsty (even for ole hornhead). It was a long slow build, and the Netflix team have shown what they can do when they try (punisher) and when they don't (iron meh). I'm cautiously optimistic about S3.

My guess is that Heroes for Hire might become a thing on Netflix... or Disney creates a version for their streaming service

Maeryk

My guess is that Heroes for Hire might become a thing on Netflix... or Disney creates a version for their streaming service
I'm sure you'll see Luke and IF show up now and then, in the "annuals" (much like CW does their 4 show megabraid).

Frankly, I'm not sure the market (or storylines) are there for Netflix to do 5 shows non-concurrently yet keep them related and crossoverable. That works a lot better when you have them on broadcast. (Like CW, or the Chicago PD/hope/fire shows from Dick Wolf).

I'll be the first to admit that Marvel put too many irons in the fire. There are what, six shows now? Or more? Spread across multiple networks and services with no cohesion, where in the comics it would be crossover/annual dream team all the time.

Don't get me wrong.. I've devoured everything Netflix has put out in the Marvel Universe, but Iron Fist felt weak.. it's like Arrow light, and Jessica Jones dragged in S2. Luke only got better though.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

They cancelled cage :eek: .

Princess Leia

Original Poster
So a character was literally fridged in the finale. Literally. Idk if that was supposed to be tongue in cheek or what, but when it was revealed I thought “They actually stuck her in a fridge.”

LSLS

Daredevil is on my list, but honestly he never appealed to me, so I'm having a tough time forcing myself into it. I have heard it's good which is really the only reason I'm interested at all. I sat and went through Jessica Jones and finished thinking it was alright. I thought season 2 was pretty bad (not just dragged, but I just didn't enjoy what they did with most of it). Hopefully I eventually get to it, but I'm waiting for the new Punisher right now. That series more me is head and shoulders above the others (though I don't have the Daredevil comparison yet).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom