Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Nighttime parade/show

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK. I love DAK. I really do. The whole park is eye candy. I could spend half the day photographing and walking around the Tree of Life. Unfortunately, I may have to spend half of my day in that fashion, because we all know the park is a few cents short of a dollar with respect to attractions. In my mind there are multiple ways the park could go. So for purposes of this poll, you got the access to the cash in you're in charge of what goes down next at DAK (we're talking new things, not refurbs or upgrdes). What do you do?

1) Add a couple of classic Disney dark rides. I mean there's nothing like that there and most of us Disney fans like these things. It should be possible to have a Jungle Book ride that actually features King Louie, a Mulan ride, a Tarzan ride. Heck, even a ride that features the classic characters in Camp Minnie/Mickey would be possible. Also, if they didn't chintz and these rides clocked in at > 5 minutes, the time spent in air conditioning would greatly increase.

2) The Next Big Thing. AKA the Everest option. Just plop in JTTCOTE and get it done people.

3) Another Land. Beastly Kingdom. South America with a boat ride analogue to KS. Whatever. This would take the longest, but our entertainment in the park would increase during the construction phase as we tried to take pics and trick CM's into telling us incorrect details.

4) A nightime show/parade of some kind. The end of the day at DAK is always anti-climatic.

materbuddy

I would love to see them add North American animals to Camp Minnie Mickey. I think they should also add South America and Australia as new lands. They could get rid of Dinoland USA. There really isn't anything exciting about it. If I'm going to go to Animal Kingdom I want to see animals.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would love to see them add North American animals to Camp Minnie Mickey. I think they should also add South America and Australia as new lands. They could get rid of Dinoland USA. There really isn't anything exciting about it. If I'm going to go to Animal Kingdom I want to see animals.

I feel like a bonehead. I thought about increasing animal capacity as an option after I posted this. I suppose for now, we'll group it under the new land option (since as you point out, SA or Australia would inherently increase the number of animals available for viewing).

RoRo

I'm between a new land and dark ride becasue AK really needs a C or D ticket. Also a new land would most likely bring E and a C or D ticket attractions.

I voted new land because it's the best of both.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Since "New Land" is so crushingly popular, allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment. Any the other 3 options, would increase capacity and stuff to do in the park in the short term (1-2 y) and then Disney could embark on what would probably be a longer term (3-5 y) project. Next is a key word.

njDizFan

I guess I'm willing to wait 5 years for a new land that would feature dark rides(some C and D tix) and awesome E-ticket thrill ride.

Dinoman96

New land. Beastly Kingdom and Australia to be procise.

Also, I think Dinoland USA should be worked on. Dinosaur, Boneyard, Dinosaur Treasures, and Restaurantosaurus can stay, but Dinorama and Cretaceous Trail should get the old chop chop. Dinoland would take a more excavation/desert atmosphere, and in Dinorama's place is the Excavator coaster. Nearby, there would be an underground trail called the Fossil Caverns. The animals from CT would be moved here, including some new additions such as the frill lizard and the coelacanth. Also on the walls would be fossils of dinosaurs...humorsly, on the way out, there is a Carnotaur fossil, with car tracks near it...now where did those come from? :p

RoRo

Also, I think Dinoland USA should be worked on. Dinosaur, Boneyard, Dinosaur Treasures, and Restaurantosaurus can stay, but Dinorama and Cretaceous Trail should get the old chop chop. Dinoland would take a more excavation/desert atmosphere, and in Dinorama's place is the Excavator coaster. Nearby, there would be an underground trail called the Fossil Caverns. The animals from CT would be moved here, including some new additions such as the frill lizard and the coelacanth. Also on the walls would be fossils of dinosaurs...humorsly, on the way out, there is a Carnotaur fossil, with car tracks near it...now where did those come from? :p

I like that idea of Dinoland USA.

ABigBrassBand

Yea, I agree with this.

rct247

South America

Amazon Rainforest, all the animals, Splash Mountain type ride themed to the "Up" storyline and features paradise falls (obviously an imitation of Angel Falls), maybe a small family coaster themed to Emperor's New Groove (Cuzcotopia), plus all the other exhibits on culture, nature, and traditional South American villages.

That's my vote.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess I'm willing to wait 5 years for a new land that would feature dark rides(some C and D tix) and awesome E-ticket thrill ride.

Me too. But, perhaps having a new attraction or two to enjoy would make the wait easier? :D

Walt Disney1955

I do like the idea the OP brought up about a boat ride somewhere. That would be nice. AK already has enough trails and a safari. But I still would pick either a dark ride or a new land. AK does need some more dark rides. But then again the park is what it is. It has to fall under the theme though. Jungle Book is a go idea for sure. On a sentimental note it was Walt's last movie

Dinoman96

If BK was built, Fantasia Gardens could fit the boat ride bill....hopefully one day...

If they were to also built Australia, i could imagine a Rescuers Down Under dark ride. I could also imagine a Kookaburra children coaster and a flume ride that has real animals in it and ends with a 50 foot drop.

Also an Outback Steakhouse anyone? :lol:

_Scar

Hope JTTCOTE gets built if not BK.

I think a Jungle Book dark ride would kind of be out of place in the current Asia.

drew81

I would love to see a Bear exhibit or Bald Eagle exhibit at CMM. Something would be better than nothing.

Australia....I've heard rumors but who knows if they're true.

Animaniac93-98

If they were to also built Australia, i could imagine a Rescuers Down Under dark ride.

You get special magic brownie points for bringing up this film.

As for me I'd pick a nighttime show to justify longer operating hours and BK to accommodate the crowds that would be done so by attractions open during daylight hours only.

protiius

Since there seems to be a number of logistical problems in extending DAK's opening hours, I would rather go for the new land. I would be willing to wait the extra few years for a number of new attractions to be introduced. DAK doesn't just need quick fix but a massive shot in the arm! The fact is, CMM and Dinoland USA just seem a bit half-arsed, cheap and not at all Disney-esque. I hate to sound cliche, but BK would completely revolutionise DAK, no question!

misterID

I voted new land, but it should be "All of the above."

And they should do something outside South America or Australia. Something that involves a dragon :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom