DAK Re Launch?????

jrhwdw

Original Poster
I don't think I ever saw this on here, but according to OTPN:

Orlando Park News ‏@OrlParkNews
Many already knew this, but Disney has confirmed that the official "re-launch" of Disney's Animal Kingdom will take place in April 2016.

True???? Yes ROL and night safaris will be here but I didn't think the park as a whole would be re launching. Pandora is still years away!

Tom

Beta Return
This seems a bit excessive. The park is being "plussed" with a new nighttime show, longer hours, and additional nighttime entertainment. That doesn't constitute a re-launch.

Right. DCA was re-launched. DAK, not so much. But perhaps they're marketing that way to generate hype.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It is hardly a relaunch, but it this Spring will be a time to kick the park into a slight higher gear with the opening of the new night time offerings. Of course, Pandora will be the real biggie.

FutureWorld1982

Yes, Disney is saying to Cast Members that the park will be re-launched this spring, but I agree that this is hardly a re-launch. Sure, the park remaining open until 9-10 p.m. will be a very big change, and the nighttime offerings will be great, but this is a bit too soon to call it a re-launch.

twebber55

This seems a bit excessive. The park is being "plussed" with a new nighttime show, longer hours, and additional nighttime entertainment. That doesn't constitute a re-launch.
disagree a little
the park will be rebranded as an all day experience whether we think so or not
the park hours are drastically changing much more so than DCA did

Dan Gilchrist

I agree with @twebber55. The park is known by many as a half day park. Without a re-launch how are they suppose to get the word out that AK is now an all day experience. Granted, maybe it would have been better planned if everything opened prior to a re-launch but pandora is not due for another year or so. That would mean a year or so of many people unaware AK will now be a full day park.

BoarderPhreak

As long as they do it starting the first week in April, that's cool. I'll get to partake. :p

It's surely more of a "kick off" than a "launch" - which I'd really peg on April of next year w/Avatarland and hopefully, everything else being mostly done.

DarthMileZ

So can someone confirm what time the park will be open until?

and is the "free" safari going to be available.. or is it just the expensive one?

UpAllNight

Even with Avatar I think the park will be 2 dark rides, another coaster and an area similar in concept to Bugs Land from being the 'next level' park it ought to be this long after opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom