DAK Animal collection news

drew81

Original Poster
Currently, there are no Ring Tailed Lemurs or Asian Small Clawed Otters at DAK. Disney is obtaining more and will hopefully have them out in the near future. There are also several vacant exhibits. One of these is located in the Oasis. Supposedly the one in the Oasis could now feature waterfowl or birds.

Ituri13

Thanks drew for keeping us updated on this. I love hearing animal updates from DAK. Let us know when you find out more.

GizmoDuck

Drew,

Are the babirusas back at the oasis, or is that the empty enclosure? I noticed they were missing back in the spring for a decent amount of time and were still missing when I left.

If they were removed, what was the cause?

Captain Hank

Drew,

Are the babirusas back at the oasis, or is that the empty enclosure? I noticed they were missing back in the spring for a decent amount of time and were still missing when I left.

If they were removed, what was the cause?

I saw a babirusa in the Oasis a couple of days ago.

yoda_5729

Are the collared lemurs still there? I have never actually seen them and didn't even know they were in the park until reading about it in a guide book. It would be nice if Disney or someone else had a complete list of the animals on display in Animal Kingdom.

drew81

Original Poster
Are the collared lemurs still there? I have never actually seen them and didn't even know they were in the park until reading about it in a guide book. It would be nice if Disney or someone else had a complete list of the animals on display in Animal Kingdom.

Yes they still have them. I saw them recently.

yoda_5729

The Ring-Tailed Lemurs used to be behind the fastpass area for It's Tough to be a bug, or since it doesn't have fastpass anymore I think, I believe they are near the main signage for It's tough to be a bug. Honestly I've been to AK a dozen times and I've never seen the collared lemurs though, nor have I seen a sign for them.

The otters are Asian Small Clawed Otters and were on the left hand side as you are walking towards Africa, on Discovery Island.

The Babirusa is one of the animals in the Oasis area, though sometimes those animals I have noticed aren't out if it's too cold especially early mornings.

Are there any animals that you specifically have to be in a line in order to see. I'd hope not, but I had heard examples that possibly you did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom