Daisy?

RyanS

I saw daisy 2 years ago around christmas in epcot. It was in that small walk way between Imagination,SE,and the innoventions plaza. goofy,minnie,mickey,donald, and pluto also happened to be there. good luck finding her!

Upvote 0

tmm7899

I remember doing awakenings at Animal Kingdom when I was a cast member and Daisy would come out every now and again. I think that is your best bet to see her. Just goto awakenings one morning and you might find her.

Upvote 0

tenchu

Originally posted by Disneynutcase
Boy! I've been going to Disney parks at least once a year (on both coasts) since 1969. I've been to Disney parks so much that I've totally lost count--has to be between 70-85 times. And only once have I ever encountered Daisy doing meet and greets.

It was within the last decade, maybe as little as 5 years ago. She was kind of inexplicably hanging with Donald inside of Mickey's House in the Toon Town area. It was in an area before they shuffle people off to the Mickey meeting rooms. Quite a surprise, let me tell you! In fact everyone in the party I was with (a number of Disney veterans) commented that they had never seen Daisy before, except for in parades.

Now I have two young daughters who would love to meet Daisy, but alas...on our last half dozen or so trips with the kids, we never get so lucky.

I've been told by friends who worked at DL that some costumes, particularly the old Dwarfs and the Duck ones, are a to work in--terrible vision problems (the ducks have to see little ones over their bills) and bad leg movement problems because of how low the butt portion has to go--almost to the knees. That's why we don't see Donald as much as we do Pooh, Mickey, Goofy, etc. I see Roger Rabbit and obscure Lion King guys much more often than I ever see a duck.

Good luck on finding Daisy. Please report back if you have any success on your trip.

That helps to explain my little question about why you dont see donald much. Also, what does that phrase in your signature say?Is that what they say on the trams taking you into the parks?

Upvote 0

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Termanecer centados por favor is Spanish for Remain Seated Please. You may remember Tour Guide Barbie saying that in Toy Story 2.

Upvote 0

nalin35

daisy

We went T-giving week 2000 and saw Daisy at Toontown Fair- you know inside, the place where you line up to see the characters- one day it was the Pooh gang, another day when we went it was Minnie, Daisy and Donald. My kids were pumped b/c we'd never seen either duck in person before that. We also saw her at AK in the camp Minnie Mickey area that week but she was swamped w/ fans and we had already seen her at the MK so didnt go over.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Bdis86
Termanecer centados por favor is Spanish for Remain Seated Please. You may remember Tour Guide Barbie saying that in Toy Story 2.

LOL! Close..... :D
It is written "Permanecer Sentados por favor" ;)

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

Okay, I'm finally busted!

Funny how it took a while before anyone with any spanish language background caught me.

The "termanecer centados" is actually an inside family joke. My sister would always say that at the end of rides thinking she was mimicking the magic Disney voice at the end of rides correctly when in fact, if my Spanish is somewhat correct, it translates out to "Finish Being Seated Please" which is the exact opposite of what the magic Disney voice on so many rides is trying to tell us.

Hope I'm not offending anyone, but my friends and family always kind of found this funny.

Upvote 0

tenchu

Originally posted by Disneynutcase
Okay, I'm finally busted!

Funny how it took a while before anyone with any spanish language background caught me.

The "termanecer centados" is actually an inside family joke. My sister would always say that at the end of rides thinking she was mimicking the magic Disney voice at the end of rides correctly when in fact, if my Spanish is somewhat correct, it translates out to "Finish Being Seated Please" which is the exact opposite of what the magic Disney voice on so many rides is trying to tell us.

Hope I'm not offending anyone, but my friends and family always kind of found this funny.

I ran that through a spanish converter program and i didn't get anything, so i just assumed that it was a bad program, not that you were having a little joke. That little speach on the WDW trams is the only spanish i know!

Upvote 0

Maria

Well.... I saw it and made me laugh, but didn´t want to make u feel bad so I chose to think you wrote it that way on purpose. ;)

If you want to say "please remain seated", then it translates to "por favor, permanezcan sentados", which is an order to "you all".

"TO remain" = permanecer
"seated" = sentado (s) *the S means plural

I´m not good at explainning Spanish grammar.... I hope this was kind of clear... :p ;)

Upvote 0

Demon Snow Dog

Re: daisy

Originally posted by nalin35
We went T-giving week 2000 and saw Daisy at Toontown Fair- you know inside, the place where you line up to see the characters- one day it was the Pooh gang, another day when we went it was Minnie, Daisy and Donald. My kids were pumped b/c we'd never seen either duck in person before that. We also saw her at AK in the camp Minnie Mickey area that week but she was swamped w/ fans and we had already seen her at the MK so didnt go over.

Did you really mean to say "...duck in person..."? Or vice versa...? Or did you mean to say "...duck in pseudo-real life..."?

Upvote 0

tenchu

Re: Re: daisy

Originally posted by Demon Snow Dog

Did you really mean to say "...duck in person..."? Or vice versa...? Or did you mean to say "...duck in pseudo-real life..."?

Stop trying to confuse everyone!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom