Daily food budget?

charisse scully

Any idea what an *Average Day* of eating will cost per person per day? Nothing fancy but would prefer to eat healthy, mostly quick serve restaurants. Maybe one night table service Just trying to figure out a food budget.

LUVofDIS

If you go to the Disneyworld.Disney.go.com you can review restaurants and view the menu with prices. Without knowing what you like or an idea of which quick service restaurants, it is hard to put a price on it.

When we do counter service, we plan to spend between $10 to $15 each, depending on sides, beverages, ETC.

Table service is all over the place, Be Our Guest dinner costs $55 per adult and $35 per kid. Some start around $15 per person, with finer dinning starting at $35.

I feel it is best to have some idea of where you may like to eat and check out the menu and prices and go from there.

Upvote 0

Jon81uk

I would allow $10-15 for each quick serve entrée/meal plus $3 for a soda. Then if you want an ice cream or similar its around $5.
So if only eating quick service, $30-40 a day will be OK.

Table service entrees are around $15-40 (more at a signature), so check the menu of where you are thinking of going and plan.

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

If we're only doing quick service, I expect to spend $75 per adult per day. That's breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner with a random beverage or two. Add in a nice sit down dinner, expect to spend an additional $40 per adult. This doesn't include alcohol and tips. Beer and wine, add another $10 per adult per drink.....

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If we're only doing quick service, I expect to spend $75 per adult per day. That's breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner with a random beverage or two. Add in a nice sit down dinner, expect to spend an additional $40 per adult. This doesn't include alcohol and tips. Beer and wine, add another $10 per adult per drink.....
Seconded.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We usually budget $15 per CS meal and $30-$40 per TS meal per adult, but that's just for a reasonable entree and maybe a non-alcoholic beverage (those estimates include tax and TS gratuity). (That also assumes a non-signature, a la carte restaurant for the TS meal -- buffets, character meals and signatures will be more like $45-$60/adult.) Add a few dollars more if you want appetizers and/or desserts. You can also shave a few dollars off both numbers simply by ordering the least expensive entrees, asking to omit side items that are included with CS meals (e.g., burger without the advertised fries -- they should charge you a couple of dollars less), and drinking iced water instead of fountain beverages, etc.

Upvote 0

dieboy

eeer on side of caution. 15/person per breakfast and lunch (30), and maybe 40-50 for dinner. We usually end up with approx 70-100/day/person. However, we don't always go to a table service, so some days its really only about 60ish..

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

hmmmmm - every trip? We do this...

Breakfast for two, sit down, about $45 with decent tip.
No lunch - just a coke in the parks.... about $8.00 for two.
SIG Restaurant Dinner.... generally $180 or so, party of two....

So? About $233/day, party of two - or about $117 per person per day. But that is just what WE do.

On the cheap? One can feed a family at far lower cost. Go for the walk up, QS offerings, or buffets. Thinking you could stay on property, and get by with $50 to $60 per person per day. MY four children are grown.... but I GET how hard it is to feed a family with hungry children at WDW :(.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

As I recall, many of the burgers are advertised as 1/3 pound. (I have trouble finishing a quarter pound burger)
A platter at Columbia Harbour House is fish AND chicken AND shrimp AND corn AND fries.
2 adults--let's say over 50 years old--might easily split those QS meals, then supplement later with a snack.
I prefer to graze in order to maximize variety.

All bets are off with bigger eaters.

Upvote 0

krb201

As I recall, many of the burgers are advertised as 1/3 pound. (I have trouble finishing a quarter pound burger)
A platter at Columbia Harbour House is fish AND chicken AND shrimp AND corn AND fries.
2 adults--let's say over 50 years old--might easily split those QS meals, then supplement later with a snack.
I prefer to graze in order to maximize variety.

All bets are off with bigger eaters.

This. At sit down, my DW and I usually split an appetizer and entree and each have drinks. This can be in in $50-60 total, so $25-30/person. We do the same for CS and sub a side for appetizer, for about $30 total. Add a snack, drink elsewhere during the day, and were at about $70/person/day. We find entree sizes are large enough to split. Typically, we eat breakfast in room - coffee and a piece of fruit we get from a grocery store.

Upvote 0

yaksplat

Wow, we don't spend near what most of you do. We usually do breakfast in the room. We get food delivered for the week for breakfasts with instacart. So about $5 for the 5 of us for breakfast. Lunch is QS, and $50 on average and dinner is the same.

$105/day for 5 people... 2 Adults, 2 kids and a kid that eats like an adult.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

I try to simplify it for the 2 of us adults. I just budgeted $100.00 a day, figuring the overflow will help pay for OOP ts meals. We only do 3 TS meals in our 9 day trips. So, mostly QS. We share meals at times, skip a meal if not hungry or just want snacks.
It worked out that we were below budget at the end of our trip. We ate those overpriced Mickey Bars, and any snack we wanted when we wanted. It worked for us. We are not big eaters, nor are we "foodies". We loved Columbia Harbor House for healthy food, and their quick service stands for fresh fruits, etc.

Upvote 0

Chef Mickey

Wow, we don't spend near what most of you do. We usually do breakfast in the room. We get food delivered for the week for breakfasts with instacart. So about $5 for the 5 of us for breakfast. Lunch is QS, and $50 on average and dinner is the same.

$105/day for 5 people... 2 Adults, 2 kids and a kid that eats like an adult.
Dang...I spent $105/day per person....lol.

Upvote 0

Darkseid

I usually budget $100 per adult per day. That's on the high end for me because I'm not a big eater and I don't drink alcohol much. The last time I went, the person I was with exceeded this, but he eats significantly more and was drinking with every meal. We usually do 1 QS and 1 TS per day, plus snacks. No buffets and only 1 character meal the last time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom