D23 Fan Event 2024 - DLP Announcement Predictions, Expectations & News

What do you expect will be shared/announced for DLP's future at D23 this year? (Multiple choice)

• WDS - Progress & new details on current stage of WDS expansion (Frozen, Adventure Bay, etc.)

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • WDS - Lion King mini-land

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • WDS - Additional flat ride(s) for Adventure Way

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • WDS - World of Pandora (Avatar)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • WDS - Avengers E-Ticket ride

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • DLP - Space Mountain 4.0

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • DLP - Mini Star Wars Land behind Discovery Land

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • DLP - Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventure Land

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • DLP - New night time show

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • 3rd Parl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mrflo

Original Poster
Previous D23 Park showcases have been quite frustrating for DLP fans. Hopefully this year will be different. What are your thoughts and expectations?

• Disney Experiences Showcase
    Saturday, August 10 – 7:00 p.m.
    Honda Center

Join Disney Experiences Chairman Josh D’Amaro for a special showcase featuring the latest on new and highly anticipated projects in development around the world for Disney Parks, experiences, and beyond. With global announcements, special surprises, and showstopping performances, this will be a show that the biggest Disney fans won’t want to miss.

nickys

Premium Member
I voted for the additional flat ride and Space Mountain because there is visible movement.

I’d love more stuff to be announced but I think it’s too early. Hopefully I’m wrong!

Aramar

I think they will talk about the current works being done at WDS and Disney Village for sure. Maybe they will finally reveal the replacement for Planet Hollywood restaurant. A new version for Space Mountain seems likely too.

For shows, a new nighttime for Parc Disneyland might happen, but they may also give information about the WDS nighttime show on the new lake. Maybe it is a bit too early, but we might get news on what's going to replace the Frozen show at Animation Celebration (My bet is on Moana).

As for the rides, I bet they will reveal the third land for WDS (be it Lion King or wathever). The second flat ride could be revealed too.

I don't want to be disappointed, but I hope we get a new ride for the main park too. I'd love to get the Little Mermaid or Pooh dark rides in Fantasyland, or even better, Indy in Adventureland. I should keep my expectations low based on how bad DLP communicates everything.

LondonTom

My expectations are that we get a Frozen Land opening "season" to look forward, a couple of bits of concept art for the things around the lake, like the inside of the restaurant, and maybe a vague hint towards the nighttime show on the lake. Suspect they might mention the Disney Village updates but nothing we don't already know

Anything will be a massive a bonus 😂

mrflo

Original Poster
Now that Fantasy Springs in TDS has opened, DLP should have the biggest running construction work currently going on at any Disney Resort worldwide. Compared to all the previous years there is still more for them to talk about at D23 Expo just by giving updates on what's already going on. I still hope and think it's extremely likely that they will announce something completely new - like the Lion King, the SM refurb and 1-2 new shows - as this is essentially what those panels are about. Though like you, I also keep my expectations low and would see anything like this as a great bonus.

Frankly, I would be glad if they only announced/talked about things advanced enough that they are actually gonna open within the next 1-3 years. I don't need another blue sky session or major plans - like for Epcot - that essentially fall apart again. Disney - and DLP Comms in particular - should take some learning from Universal & Epic Universe on that front. The way how they are gradually revealing all those lands less than a year before opening, is very well done.

wdrive

I expect very little that we don’t already know. Maybe a year a season for Frozen opening. Maybe. It’s the Disneyland Paris way to announce a major expansion a random Thursday morning when no one is expecting it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom