Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

SirLink

For the fact there's only two parks, California get way too much attention and updates constantly done to it. Can't they just leav it alone for a while and concentrate on Florida?

Eh? They have to concentrate on California, Florida and Paris resorts. To your question nope. They'll concentrate on CA park for the most part though.

TTA94

I think any 50th entertainment announcements will be very vague, if at all. I’d like to be surprised though.

wdwfan4ver

For the fact there's only two parks, California get way too much attention and updates constantly done to it. Can't they just leav it alone for a while and concentrate on Florida?
No. Locals play a big role in attendance to the 2 parks in California and Disney knows DCA and Disneyland's Target Audience based on what I read. For Walt Disney World, Florida Residents do not play as big as a role from a attendance stand point like California Residents do for Disneyland and DCA. WDW gets a lot of their guests outside of Florida including those from Canada, Europe, Brazil and part of the United States. What I'm getting at is Disney needs to give California new things so the California locals could go to the parks.

Disney also wants to take advantage of Marvel IPS in the states and Disney's hands are tied with Marvel at WDW for the most park unlike Disney adding Marvel to DCA.

There is no limit for what Marvel Characters be used for attractions for Disneyland and DCA unlike Walt Disney World. Thankfully Disney is not doing any Marvel attractions at Walt's original Park.

Right now based on what I read, Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park is problem spot just like it is for Magic Kingdom.

To my understanding, DCA is still only not completed fixed what from Eisner did and Disney needs do something to please the California locals. I did not agree with changing Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier.

CalebS

It will be disappointing if they don’t build at least one new ride for AK for the 50th, but it looks like they’ve decided to leave AK alone for now... Epcot, hs, and AK could use about new 2 rides (expansion not replacement) each but that probably won’t happen for awhile

wdwfan4ver

I think there is going to be a lot theme park models at D23 based on Tokyo, Walt Disney Studios Park, Hong Kong Disneyland, Epcot, MK, and maybe Studios.

For WDW, I see less new stuff than at 2017 D23. It's too early for 50th anniversary entertainment to be announced.

I'm guessing Stitch's Great Escape replacement is going to get announced. Epcot is likely to announcement Living with the Land update or Dory being added to Nemo. I really don't see anything new at DHS being announced outside of maybe what they going to do with Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

AK is not likely at this point to get something announced unless it is a Chester and Hester Replacement.

I think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad is going to be announced for Disneyland.

I think Marvel is going to talked about for DCA, Walt Disney Studios Park and maybe the 3rd Marvel Ride for Hong Kong Disneyland. The old Autopia attraction for Hong Kong Disneyland already was announced that was going to be a third attraction, but didn't say what.

Frozen Land is going to be get updates for Tokyo Disney Sea, Hong Kong Disneyland, Walt Disney Studios park and will announced a new Frozen Land with it being in Disneyland. The only way I don't see a Frozen Land being announced is they are waiting for 2021. Frozen Land was rumored for Disneyland in the past.

Shanghai Disneyland is going get Zootopia Land.

Last edited:

Herbie

If memory serves, it feels like we had a somewhat good idea of what was going to be announced at D23 2017 in the months ahead... GMR replacement, France attraction, Tron, Star Wars hotel... doesn't feel like we know anything about 2019. Nothing relatively new has been rumored for a while.

HauntedMansionFLA

No. Locals play a big role in attendance to the 2 parks in California and Disney knows DCA and Disneyland's Target Audience based on what I read. For Walt Disney World, Florida Residents do not play as big as a role from a attendance stand point like California Residents do for Disneyland and DCA. WDW gets a lot of their guests outside of Florida including those from Canada, Europe, Brazil and part of the United States. What I'm getting at is Disney needs to give California new things so the California locals could go to the parks.

Disney also wants to take advantage of Marvel IPS in the states and Disney's hands are tied with Marvel at WDW for the most park unlike Disney adding Marvel to DCA.

There is no limit for what Marvel Characters be used for attractions for Disneyland and DCA unlike Walt Disney World. Thankfully Disney is not doing any Marvel attractions at Walt's original Park.

Right now based on what I read, Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park is problem spot just like it is for Magic Kingdom.

To my understanding, DCA is still only not completed fixed what from Eisner did and Disney needs do something to please the California locals. I did not agree with changing Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier.
They have to please the local DLR AP’s after that nice increase to their yearly AP dues.

BrianLo

-DL/DLP both could get a Runnaway Railways (DL will not have anything active at time of D23). DLP has budget carved out for something as part of the overhaul, so we’ll see what they settle on.
-Shanghai could definitely make the Zootopia announcement
-Animal Kingdom I think will be the sole park left out as not having an announced or under construction project when all is said and done. I wish that weren’t the case, but just a feeling.

One down, poor AK.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure Iger will spoil any announcements on an investor call. That seems the preferred way of it now.
Since announcing SW:GE date in the call, there have been several announcements coming out about projects and new things happening at WDW. I wonder if they will have anything Big to announce for D23. @Herbie you're right, there were many rumors floating around ahead of 2017 that we had an idea... Is there any right now I'm missing that haven't been debunked?

TTA94

I'd expect details on existing projects, DCA's Marvel Land, Mickey and Minnies' Runaway Railway going to Disneyland

I'd like to hear the Brazil Pavilion announcement and perhaps the SSE overhaul and Mary Poppins info as well.

Lots of Epcot news I’m sure. Hopefully meantion of some of the things coming in 2021.

AdventureMP4z

The way I see it-

Magic Kingdom: Maybe something in Adventureland (?). Potientally Tron Information. '
EPCOT: Future World Information, New World Showcase pavilion, Poppins in the UK.
Hollywood: Monsters Land (Maybe), Indiana Jones Land (Maybe).
Animal Kingdom: Zootopia Land (Maybe), Dinoland Replacement (Maybe).

eddie104

1. Epcot Spine Project Reveal
  2. More Info on Iluminations Replacement
  3. 50th Plans Revealed
  4. Hopefully new Country in WS
  5. Disneyland Marvel Land
  6. Updates and new rides coming to other Future World pavilions

Disney Maddux

MK - SGE replacement, Tron details, maybe a blue-sky art for Tomorrowland 3.0?

Epcot - More details on Spine (West section getting demo'd), more details on Play Pavilion and possible name for it, more details on Guardians, more Ratatouille details, Mary Poppins ride, and maybe Brazil?

HS - What comes after SW:GE (Fates of Animation Courtyard and Indy), Fantasmic updates, replacement for Little Mermaid, and fate of Rock 'N' Roller?

AK - I would say Zootopia land, but with yesterday's announcement that Planet Watch is reopening in summer, not very likely unfortunately. So... Fate of Dinoland, probably.

janoimagine

As D23 Expo is 5 months away, I would like to share the announcements I'm expecting from the Parks and Resorts panel.

-Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (WDW), Runaway Railway and Skyliner Opening Dates + Newer Details
-Disney World 50th Anniversary
-New Guardians Coaster & Marvel Land details
-Stitch's Great Escape replacement announced
-Future regarding Figment
-New WDW nighttime parade (?)
-New details on Illuminations replacement
-Announcement regarding 965 acre land bought near Celebration
-Marry Poppins ride at UK pavilion

All of them might not be announced, just my prediction.
You forgot the new monorail fleet.

britain

HS - What comes after SW:GE (Fates of Animation Courtyard and Indy), Fantasmic updates, replacement for Little Mermaid, and fate of Rock 'N' Roller?

I expect no decisions are going to be made about the Studios until SW:GE is open for a few months. Therefore, there will be no new announcements at this August's D23 about the Studios. (MAYBE a RotR opening date, but probably not.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom