- Pixar Pier
- Disney Uber

Undecided:
- New DVC
- Marvel Hotel at DLP
- GotG at Epcot
- New China movie

A mostly positive presentation overall
I mostly agree with this, but I don't love GMR so consider that an upgrade.

CaptainAmerica

I say "bad" mostly because it's a replacement, not an addition. It would be good if it was truly new expansion IMO.
I don't mind upgrades and enhancements with the size of WDW as it is today. I typically go for eight nights and I'm busy the whole time I'm there. True additions and expansions would make it hard for people to see everything in one week-long vacation.

Figment82

Tom dropping his "If we can dream it..." quote was the highlight of the presentation for me. So many people incorrectly attribute it to Walt (including Disney's own merchandise teams...) - I thought it was a nice little inclusion.

I'm still trying to mentally sort through all of the news. I've been preparing myself over the last few months for the things that we knew were coming, but I feel like it never hits me until it's officially announced. Pixar Pier is definitely the worst thing to come out of today. RIP Screamin'...

belle119821

I feel lucky that I got to watch most of DelightfullyDe's livestream (thanks to the heads up on these boards! :) ). I truly think I spent most of the time in awe and excitement for what is to come. My mom and I share in the devastation of losing GMR, though I have known for a year that it was set to be replaced and good grief, it needed something. However, I am deciding to take a positive view of everything, and hope that it will all just mean that I have even more ways to make different, awesome memories. Though it might just be a lot of hype, the presentation got me all full of Disney magic and I hope it all works out to be incredible in the end. :happy:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Tom dropping his "If we can dream it..." quote was the highlight of the presentation for me. So many people incorrectly attribute it to Walt (including Disney's own merchandise teams...) - I thought it was a nice little inclusion.

I'm still trying to mentally sort through all of the news. I've been preparing myself over the last few months for the things that we knew were coming, but I feel like it never hits me until it's officially announced. Pixar Pier is definitely the worst thing to come out of today. RIP Screamin'...

Walt never said those exact words but he did have a phrase he said once that was similar to it (if that counts)

Chef Mickey

I enjoy being wrong, which is good, since I so frequently am.

It is kind of amusing - hey, we have this ride that keeps making people vomit... let's add a restaurant to it!
I think that's a little harsh. The ride is still a very interesting concept that has gotten a bad wrap. I love the sensation of blasting off...very unique. They have bigger plans for the attraction and an update could be just what it needs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder what the Comcast/Universal execs are thinking right now, other than "oh crap, we've awoken a sleeping giant"

They're thinking: "Yes! Larger amount of leftovers!"

What I noticed is....

No News on a Volcano Based ride for adventureland
No Tiki Birds Closing
Nothing About Figment or anything pertaining to Imagination
No Renaming Disney Hollywood Studios Announcement
Nothing about the Muppets

Volcano ride was only Jim Hill. No other insider would confirm. But that rumor sure got passed around a lot.

Tiki Birds closing is still one of several options being considered. No decision made... no announcement.

Figment's status is still up in the air, so again, no announcement.

Renaming of DHS: if they haven't done it yet, they probably won't until SWGE is finished.

Muppets, the courtyard, is now completely landlocked. Nothing more can be done without changing Mama Melrose. And there really weren't an rumors about Muppets and the parks to begin with.

Dr.GrantSeeker

So a few thoughts after sitting through D23 Parks and Resorts.

Bob has a terrible stage presence, and could barley read off the teleprompter. At one point it went blank and he couldn't move on. Are these events that scripted that he couldn't continue without the promoter? It seemed like he was just so uncomfortable.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Very underwhelming name IMHO. But the details of the land that were shared seem very promising. If you successfully bring back the Millennium Falcon in one piece you may get 'credits' that follow you through the land as you experience it. Same goes for if you bring back the Falcon damaged: there may be a bounty hunter out to get you. I believe it was also said that bartering for rare goods at one of the shops may be a thing. Cannot wait for this to open.

Minnie and Mickey seems cool and could be a great fit for DHS. The video they showed of their mockup ride was neat. Especially how they are trying to create a 3D realm without the need for 3D glasses. It's just very upsetting that this ride has to come at the expense of a truly incredible attraction.

Moving on to Epcot
I was not expecting a picture of the central spine project. That caught me cometely off guard. From the picture they showed it looks really good. Lots of green space!

Rat coming to The France Pavilion was no surprise for all of us here that are apart of the WDWMAGIC family. When talking about Rat it was said it was going to be in a brand new area to the side of the current France Pavilion. I am excited about this addition as I believe,while it is IP, it can still keep the integrity of the France Pavilion and World Showcase intact as this is the new direction Epcot is headed in.

GotG in Energy.
It's happening folks and there is nothing we can do about it. Am I happy? No. But this is the new direction of Epcot. When Bob was talking about how GotG was going to maintain the original vision for Epcot and he said, "because Peter Quill visited Epcot Center as a child" I hope he was joking and we get a more concrete answer soon because that's not even funny and it's insulting to what a great park Epcot Center was.

China Pavilion getting a circle vision is exciting as well and I am looking forward to hearing more about that.

Mission Space: The Restaurant. Ahh how much I love food and trying new restaurants. I'm not crazy about Mission Space, but personally I love outter space and this sounds like an experience you don't want to miss. Can't wait!

To all who come to this happy place welcome. Recently confirmed by some of our insiders the Tron coaster from Shanghai will be making its debut in Magic Kingdom. Sitting adjacent from Space Mountain it seems as if it will be a new little area to Tomorrowland. I'm not thrilled we are getting a clone from another park, but we are getting a new attraction that for once isn't replacing a current one.

Star Wars Resort confirmed! Being a huge Star Wars fan this is awesome news! I don't know if I'll be able to afford to ever stay at it. But it seems like it will be the closest thing to West World and seems that it will truly be an experience like no other. Bob did say that every hotel room is going to have a view of outter space!

Transportation is always fun. Everyone needs to get around somehow. Gondolas were no surprise and it's nice to finally have it announced. What I'm really interested more in is 'Minnievan', Disney's uber. While riding around in a Minnie Mouse themed van doesn't appeal to me, the purpose speaks to me. I've been waiting for a service like this. Going from hotel to hotel will never be easier. I'm sure there are a lot more details that we are not privy to and can't wait to learn more.

From East to West the magic continue. More Marvel moves into DCA. I don't understand why so much money was spent on making DCA a better park and giving it a more cohesive theme just to ruin it.

Good to see Paint the Night still lives as it moves over to DCA that's exciting.

Pixar Fest... I'm beginning to get a little Pixared out. But I don't travel out to the west coast often enough for any changes at Disneyland to really bother me.

I know this post is long and I didn't cover it all and there is plenty more to discuss. But I just thought I'd share my D23 Parks and Resorts experience with you all.

Brer Oswald

I'm really hopeful for the Mickey Mouse ride. I'm glad they are doing something original. It is giving me "Race to Death Valley" vibes, and I wouldn't be shocked if they used a similar plot with maybe Pete chasing them along the railway in a race to get treasure or something. Since this is going to be in the style of the modern shorts, I'm hoping for lots of references. The fab five and Pete are nice, but I'd love to see other mouseverse characters like Horace, Clarabelle, Oswald, Chief O'Hara, the Phantom Blot, and Sylvester Shyster (yeah the last three are unlikely, but you never know, the cartoons love their cameos).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom