D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

thunderclap8

I've already suggested that to someone that can carry the word on. I know I'd grab one of SM, CoP, and the Peoplemover. Stacey and Eric nailed having a cartoony style but not to the point of being fake. If that makes any sense. If you look at their other works, they really have it down.

I missed Erics Tron posters by like...10 years but they look great:
Tron-Eric-Tan.jpg

Tron-Legacy-Eric-Tan.jpg

And his Star Wars ones were great:
image-asset.jpeg

Again, cartoony but just enough realism to get the message through.

And not to leave Stacey out, she did a sweet TL poster:
tland2.jpg

And here's her cartoony-ish style:
Inside-Out-24x18-scan-960_1024x1024.jpg

Her and Eric are one heck of a team for this series.

Man those Tron posters, I really wish I was into collecting prints when they were released.

And adding another to the long list of ShopDisney problems - his prints for Episodes IV - VI were limited edition of 100. And they were only sold pre-framed, for $400 each.

For an intermission while we wait to see what the heck happened this morning, here's my collection of Eric Tan's work:

MVIMG_20200503_145018 (1).jpg
I at least got ahold of episode 1-3 and 7-9.

MVIMG_20200503_145053.jpg
These were for RotJ's 35th anniversary

MVIMG_20200503_144920.jpg
Postcard giveaways from comicon the year Wall-E came out

IMG_20191206_233755.jpg
The first limited edition prints I ever bought.

MVIMG_20200503_142236.jpg
This was a Disney Movie Rewards release

MVIMG_20200503_142047.jpg
I think this one was DMR too

I don't have any of Stacey Aoyama's non-Epcot posters, but her art was used for temporary tattoos that came in my kids' Inside Out book :)

If you like their style, you might also like Dave Perillo's series of attraction posters:

IMG_20190418_230911.jpg83926326_10107520607065093_204386592989642752_o-e1583331401883.jpg

They're smaller than the Epcot series, I think 11x14? And there's postcard versions too. So far they've released 4 new posters every year at the Festival of the Arts.

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Man those Tron posters, I really wish I was into collecting prints when they were released.

And adding another to the long list of ShopDisney problems - his prints for Episodes IV - VI were limited edition of 100. And they were only sold pre-framed, for $400 each.

For an intermission while we wait to see what the heck happened this morning, here's my collection of Eric Tan's work:

View attachment 517605
I at least got ahold of episode 1-3 and 7-9.

View attachment 517606
These were for RotJ's 35th anniversary

View attachment 517608
Postcard giveaways from comicon the year Wall-E came out

View attachment 517609
The first limited edition prints I ever bought.

I don't have any of Stacey Aoyama's non-Epcot posters, but her art was used for temporary tattoos that came in my kids' Inside Out book :)

If you like their style, you might also like Dave Perillo's series of attraction posters:

View attachment 517610View attachment 517611

They're smaller than the Epcot series, I think 11x14? And there's postcard versions too. So far they've released 4 new posters every year at the Festival of the Arts.

Those Indy posters are awesome.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

wonkabars7

“Sold Out” = The person in charge finally updated inventory after checking email and morning coffee. Wouldn’t be shocked to see yet another oversell/cancellation wave on these.

SD is fighting hard to be the last remaining online shop that can’t figure out quantity controls. Oof.

wonkabars7

@thunderclap8 thanks for posting those. Love the Indy set (Indy > everything IMO) and wished I nabbed them. Doom is my fav, just wish they did the correct/non-Lucas meddling Raiders title.

Regardless, my fav Tan piece is this one he did for Back to the Future years ago in the G1988 show. The paper is amazing in person, and even has aged/foxing effect. Pic from my Insta, in case anyone wants to follow for random posters and prints I dig out of my horde:

F643F376-01F0-4D03-8936-B96DFCC65389.jpeg

flutas

Bought all four but did WoM and WoL on one order, TT by itself, and Play by itself. I know two of them won't go anywhere but the other two could end up as gifts and I'd rather have tubes for each.

Edit: I don't like how long Test Track is staying up. @flutas, any numbers to help calm our nerves?

@flutas usually has the inventory numbers. I'd be interested to see what the real number is. Got my WoM at 3:01AM so we shall see this go around. Clear your calendars for 3:00PM, you just never know what they are doing to do :joyfull:

FWIW: When I checked the day before yesterday they had properly loaded them in as 300 each. But let me dig around and see what I can find.

Also, sorry guys. 12 hour drives and me remembering things don't go well. Thank you @trainplane3 for posting the links again. :)

I'm a bit sad I missed Test Track, but I really don't need to be spending the money now anyways. 🤪 😂

thunderclap8

@thunderclap8 thanks for posting those. Love the Indy set (Indy > everything IMO) and wished I nabbed them. Doom is my fav, just wish they did the correct/non-Lucas meddling Raiders title.

Regardless, my fav Tan piece is this one he did for Back to the Future years ago in the G1988 show. The paper is amazing in person, and even has aged/foxing effect. Pic from my Insta, in case anyone wants to follow for random posters and prints I dig out of my horde:

View attachment 517615

Good call! That's another one I regret passing on.
Temple of Doom is my least favorite film of the trilogy (weird that they never made a 4th), but agree it's an excellent poster.

thunderclap8

FWIW: When I checked the day before yesterday they had properly loaded them in as 300 each. But let me dig around and see what I can find.

Also, sorry guys. 12 hour drives and me remembering things don't go well. Thank you @trainplane3 for posting the links again. :)

I'm a bit sad I missed Test Track, but I really don't need to be spending the money now anyways. 🤪 😂
I suppose it's possible that after the last couple sets couldn't be scalped for huge profits, demand dropped off a bit.

Captain Barbossa

Forgot to wish everyone good luck prior to the release, but I hope the bloodshed was minimal and I’m going to apologize in advance for whatever cancellations/screwup that SD has in the works for the upcoming 24hrs. I hope everyone will get their posters.

Once again, I sat this one out. I contemplated over the last few months about getting WoM because I absolutely love the poster, but I decided not to. WoM was before my lifetime, sadly, so I was not able to experience it or have a connection with it, but I know that I would’ve loved it. (I’m a sucker for anything that involves transportation) I’d rather see someone who did experience WoM and had/has a connection with it have an opportunity to get the poster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom