D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Mesa Azul

It won't be splash mountain. That's for sure.
Poor Splash Mountain. Song of the South was seen as racist even on release, though... History of that film should have definitely given folks pause to theme an attraction around it, but here we are. I wonder how different history would have been if there was a note at the beginning just saying that the date was during the Reconstruction Era and not Antebellum south... I believe I read somewhere Walt believed people would just get it... Who knows. Regardless, that film was always problematic. Probably should have themed Splash Mountain with Bear Jamboree characters, way before Song of the South.

trainplane3

Just wait until next year when they do the magic kingdom. Actually I’m sure we will all be here the first Monday in January just in case something drops. Lol!
I've already suggested that to someone that can carry the word on. I know I'd grab one of SM, CoP, and the Peoplemover. Stacey and Eric nailed having a cartoony style but not to the point of being fake. If that makes any sense. If you look at their other works, they really have it down.

I missed Erics Tron posters by like...10 years but they look great:
Tron-Eric-Tan.jpg

Tron-Legacy-Eric-Tan.jpg

And his Star Wars ones were great:
image-asset.jpeg

Again, cartoony but just enough realism to get the message through.

And not to leave Stacey out, she did a sweet TL poster:
tland2.jpg

And here's her cartoony-ish style:
Inside-Out-24x18-scan-960_1024x1024.jpg

Her and Eric are one heck of a team for this series.

DreamfinderGuy

Dang, wish I would’ve known about Rakuten, would’ve paid for nearly half a poster in cash back if I went through them.

Anyways, I snagged the whole set. I’ll probably try to frame Play and Wonders next to each other, as well as for Motion and Test Track. Can’t get a full set of classic Future World or new Future World so I might as well make the best of what I have.

trainplane3

Bought all four but did WoM and WoL on one order, TT by itself, and Play by itself. I know two of them won't go anywhere but the other two could end up as gifts and I'd rather have tubes for each.

Edit: I don't like how long Test Track is staying up. @flutas, any numbers to help calm our nerves?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom