D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

The thing that sucks the most, though, is for the more limited releases, i.e. the Horizons, Universe of Energy, and etc drop, there were zero problems, and those also sold out in about 30-60 mins. So, they've gotten worse, even after adding 100 more copies to the pile! I mean, WTH?
It truly is a mystery. I'd almost want to say it was before layoffs started happening but it doesn't excuse what should be an automated system.

For that release: Imagination was gone in 45 minutes, Horizons was gone in about 4 1/2 hours, UoE about 5 hours, and CC around 5 1/2 hours. I remember getting up at 630am EST that day and saw the 3 in stock.

Re-release them all
Re-release them all
Re-release them all
Re-release them all
Re-release them all
Fixed.
I wouldn't be shocked at all. It'll crash the market on the "old" ones as well and make resellers look dumb. There's a reason why I haven't been panicked about getting every single one. Sure I want all of the FW pavilions that matter (only missing SSE) but I still missed Illuminations and MC.

cmarten

It truly is a mystery. I'd almost want to say it was before layoffs started happening but it doesn't excuse what should be an automated system.

For that release: Imagination was gone in 45 minutes, Horizons was gone in about 4 1/2 hours, UoE about 5 hours, and CC around 5 1/2 hours. I remember getting up at 630am EST that day and saw the 3 in stock.

Fixed.
I wouldn't be shocked at all. It'll crash the market on the "old" ones as well and make resellers look dumb. There's a reason why I haven't been panicked about getting every single one. Sure I want all of the FW pavilions that matter (only missing SSE) but I still missed Illuminations and MC.
Would you predict that the rerelease would be normal posters or another run of the seriographs?

trainplane3

They’d most likely be prints, not serigraph. But I’d be 100% fine with that for the few I want
Nope, most likely serigraphs but they'd be considered a "variant". So they could be different sized, on a different paper (something metallic as an example), or slight paint changes (glow in the dark for example). So those focusing on a specific size would be out of luck but the poster in general would at least be available again.

Disney could do regular prints but it's unlikely in the near term from what I understand. I wouldn't mind either way honestly (and would be glad to be wrong). Get these things out there for the fans.

I was tempted to make an offer on that Living Seas, but really couldn't bring myself to it. I want it, but I've got a threshold and I think other people simply want it more. I'm glad it at least went to someone who really wants it. I hope you get it framed and it looks fab on your wall!
Oh definitely, already got a frame. Im just running out of wall space that is all haha.

DreamfinderGuy

Nope, most likely serigraphs but they'd be considered a "variant". So they could be different sized, on a different paper (something metallic as an example), or slight paint changes (glow in the dark for example). So those focusing on a specific size would be out of luck but the poster in general would at least be available again.

Disney could do regular prints but it's unlikely in the near term from what I understand. I wouldn't mind either way honestly (and would be glad to be wrong). Get these things out there for the fans.
They’ll do unnumbered just to tank the value on your Imagination.

trainplane3

They’ll do unnumbered just to tank the value on your Imagination.
Hah! I totally welcome unnumbered stuff. Numbers don't mean much but if they're being sold as being numbered, then they should have one.

The unnumbered Imagination poster is being corrected at this very moment actually. Talk about incredible service for something they didn't even have to correct and easily could've told me "too bad, deal with it". Which I would've been fine with since I went in with no expectation.

Mesa Azul

Is there a precedent of this? Serigraphs are time consuming and expensive to make, and require an artisan to actually do the printing. I figure they'd just do non numbered standard prints after, and maybe in a different size, but that's typically the way other limited edition prints go. Now, 100% fair, I don't know how Disney typically does it, but I thought they sold a lot of giclee prints as well.

trainplane3

Is there a precedent of this? Serigraphs are time consuming and expensive to make, and require an artisan to actually do the printing. I figure they'd just do non numbered standard prints after, and maybe in a different size, but that's typically the way other limited edition prints go. Now, 100% fair, I don't know how Disney typically does it, but I thought they sold a lot of giclee prints as well.
Somewhat, Cyclops does have variants on their site of a few pieces.
Regular:
Variant:
Minor changes between them but enough to be considered different.

They'll do more based on whether Disney wants to (since they "own" the art). From what it sounds like, serigraphs is what they want more of but Cyclops doesn't do direct re-releases for series. I guess Disney see they should've made more to fill the massive hole in demand now and are going to try to fix a mistake because of the unexpected success. And just going off of general knowledge, serigraphs are higher quality=higher cost to make but=higher prices for customers.

There could be a weird thing happening at some point (soon? not sure) apparently. It'll definitely draw a lot of questions if it does. It'll be quite a hilarious explanation. Just leaving that there in case it does.

Last edited:

redstorm63

Any chance we might see a series of 50 for MKs anniversary? Or a series for other parks?
It’s certainly possible. The Epcot ones debuted at D23 Expo last year before the first two were released during the Festival of the Arts earlier this year. There is certainly a market for this kind of higher level art work and Disney loves to find ways to make money.

999th Happy Haunt

Starting bid $1,982
1604267808126.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom