D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
Something is definitely off because no other release has been like this release.

Although Illuminations was likely a desirable poster, 300 posters were available and neither Horizons nor Imagination sold out in less than 1 minute.

trainplane3

Something is definitely off because no other release has been like this release.

Although Illuminations was likely a desirable poster, 300 posters were available and neither Horizons nor Imagination sold out in less than 1 minute.
My Illuminations was canceled to!! And my order was at 3am. So what’s the deal? Ridiculously quick sell out? Or nobody is getting one?
Go back a few pages. Someone entered 100,000 instead of 300 into the database.

trainplane3

That I read and understand. However, in this forum and on Twitter, guests with 3:00 - 3:02 AM EST confirmations received cancellations.

Did it actually sellout in seconds?
If the limit is 100,000 then it didn't "sell out". It was an error and could be considered a unexpected release.

For all we know, they're cancelling all orders of the posters and we'll have a 5th poster next month. We'll find out in a few days if anyone actually gets a poster.

Wait, what happened? (Tried looking for the post that you are referring to, but I must’ve overlooked it because I couldn’t find it)
Maybe I saw it on Twitter. Stock checking programs/plugins were picking up 100,000 for this release.

flutas

Wait, what happened? (Tried looking for the post that you are referring to, but I must’ve overlooked it because I couldn’t find it)
Quoting myself from earlier in this thread since it was a while back.
Currently what info I have shows this.

IllumiNations - 556 sold
Harmonious - 146 sold
Millennium Celebration - 358 sold

If my info is true I suspect we will see Harmonious return tomorrow, or within the next few days.

As for how this happened, this is what I suspect based off of my info.

This posters are all drop shipped, so they get shipped to buyers directly from Cyclops Print Works. This can be seen by shipping labels on the posters originating from the following address (Cyclops Print Works address).

It's also why they have a disclaimer about shipping being different.

The normal flow for on demand made items such as this, is for an insanely large number of the item to be loaded in to the system. Then nightly that number resets, since they can theoretically never run out of stock. This creates an issue when you have Limited Edition items that are made on demand like these posters though.

Anyone elses not been canceled as well?

Mine hasn't been cancelled...yet.

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
If the limit is 100,000 then it didn't "sell out". It was an error and could be considered a unexpected release.

For all we know, they're cancelling all orders of the posters and we'll have a 5th poster next month. We'll find out in a few days if anyone actually gets a poster.

Sellout is the wrong word. I am curious to know if 300 posters were sold within seconds of release and will be fulfilled.

begood524

Sellout is the wrong word. I am curious to know if 300 posters were sold within seconds of release and will be fulfilled.
Disney just told me "they sold out in five minutes" which still would not make sense considering I bought it within two. Even after telling them this they didn't change the excuse. I honestly just wish they would release a legitimate apology or something

trainplane3

Disney just told me "they sold out in five minutes" which still would not make sense considering I bought it within two. Even after telling them this they didn't change the excuse. I honestly just wish they would release a legitimate apology or something
No one's going to get any kind of word from them sadly.

Remember those Joe Rohde mickey ears? How the majority of the stock was eaten up by scalpers? Nothing came out of that and those people were way more vocal about them then these posters.

flutas

Remember those Joe Rohde mickey ears? How the majority of the stock was eaten up by scalpers? Nothing came out of that and those people were way more vocal about them then these posters.

What's even stupider about those ears is, they were "Limited Release" not Limited Edition. Limited Release means Disney can just make more if they want to, kinda like what ended up happening with the Ahsoka ears (which are just now shipping for some people).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom