D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Crazydisneyfanluke

Question to the people who are getting their order canceled, did you get the free shipping?

Question to the people who are not getting their order canceled, did you not get the free shipping?

begood524

Question to the people who are getting their order canceled, did you get the free shipping?

Question to the people who are not getting their order canceled, did you not get the free shipping?
So can I ask this: are the people who are getting their order cancelled people who bought more than one? Like if you only bought IllumiNations, is that still standing?

hornett

When you buy all of the releases you get the same number for each poster. So maybe they kept the orders of those that had a set and canceled the others? Trying to figure out some logical reason for canceling orders out of order but just doesn't make sense.

vikescaper

So can I ask this: are the people who are getting their order cancelled people who bought more than one? Like if you only bought IllumiNations, is that still standing?
I only ordered the Illuminations poster and previously, I have only ordered The Living Seas poster.

Ddad4

I only ordered Illuminations this time. I do have six others from prior months but I don’t think the numbers match on any of them. Not even when 2 shipped in the same tube.

trainplane3

When you buy all of the releases you get the same number for each poster. So maybe they kept the orders of those that had a set and canceled the others? Trying to figure out some logical reason for canceling orders out of order but just doesn't make sense.
While the numbers match most of the time, it's not a guarantee. Doing that wouldn't make any sense either.
192 Japan, 188 Canada:
rAO00Yr.jpg
h2SjUS2.jpg
Meanwhile CC, Horizons, and UoE match. AA, Norway, and Italy were also matched too.

Some may not even have a number in the corner either...

trainplane3

Pics of unnumbered copies?
y0BlMQL.jpg

I compared it to my others for well over an hour to confirm it was real. It only lacks the number. I reached out to the friend that mailed it to me and they said they contacted ShopDisney about it and was basically "too bad". This isn't the kind of person that would pull a fast one on me either.

Captain Barbossa

I’ve noticed that a bunch of listings for the IllumiNations poster on eBay aren’t showing anymore. Hopefully some of the scalpers’ orders got canceled.

hornett

Interesting. Definitely looks real. Could be a printer proof. Basically an extra from the run. These usually aren't officially sold. Sometimes given to friends, employees, etc. They also always print extras for damage. But not sure if anyone has actually been successful getting a damaged one replaced. Or if that was bought and shipped from shopdisney could just be a random error. Or dun dun dun they are selling unnumbered copies. But doubt that.

redstorm63

I ordered all three and still had my Illuminations cancelled.

trainplane3

Interesting. Definitely looks real. Could be a printer proof. Basically an extra from the run. These usually aren't officially sold. Sometimes given to friends, employees, etc. Or if that was bought and shipped from shopdisney could just be a random error. Or dun dun dun they are selling unnumbered copies. But doubt that.
When I received it, I was shocked I got it in the first place as a freaking gift. But the lack of a number brought that down a bit initially. I also realized this is someone that would have direct connections to this print process too. But to go through the effort of making a perfect copy without the actual source image would be a massive undertaking and expensive for a single copy. I said if it wasn't a legitimate copy then to just tell me. I wouldn't be mad at all since it looked incredible. They're a great person that would have no reason to fake it.

I think it's a random error. It was bought directly from ShopDisney, they received it, realized they had no space for it and since they knew I loved Imagination, I was sent it (in its original tube) as a thank you. There's also spares that are made in the event some get majorly damaged in shipment. Regardless, it has the same quality and the colors are spot on. That's all I want. The numbering does nothing for me since I won't be selling these. Unless I hit hard times and need some cash I suppose.

Coming soon to ebay: ONE OF A KIND IMAGINATION EPCOT D23 POSTER SERIGRAPH EXCLUSIVE NO NUMBER VERSION 1/1 FIGMENT DREAMFINDER
Starting bid: How much you got?
🤣

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
y0BlMQL.jpg

I compared it to my others for well over an hour to confirm it was real. It only lacks the number. I reached out to the friend that mailed it to me and they said they contacted ShopDisney about it and was basically "too bad". This isn't the kind of person that would pull a fast one on me either.

To me, this is odd. All of my posters, to date, have been numbered. My initial reaction to seeing this was that the numbers are meaningless. Perhaps they overprint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom