Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

fgmnt

Eh, don't hate it. The rumours of slapping an old ride down were awful, but if they're building something new specifically for the space I can live with it.
It's actually nearly a complete 180 for me. I am thinking of the predecessors to BTMRR in Frontierland becoming a Cars-themed sequel in MK would be a perfect fit in the park, a brand-new medium thrill attraction in a park that has not had an original major attraction open on its grounds since the ribbon cutting of Splash Mountain (7DMT is not a major attraction, and Tron and Tiana are not original attractions). If it gets built into the ROA plot instead of out into the expansion plot, then I'm back out of it.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The Cars announcement received a very tepid response from the crowd.
I think I heard an audible "Noooo!" from the crowd. It was also met with confusion which led to that response I think. I can't be sure but I even think it took Josh back a bit as he stumbled over his words in the following segment.

That said, this was always going to be a trasitional area as they move away from Old West. Gotta say, didn't have this one on my list. Was still under the impression that it was to be a Coco/Cars combo but being that the land shifted from the assumed Mexico/Arizona styling to "Wilderness" actually works well with Country Bears, etc. I think the Cars area will be a hit with families.

Biggest disapointment: No Coco.

SplashJacket

fantastic announcements all around, IMHO.

Not a huge fan of the cars announcement, but I’m glad it’s original. Looks like we aren’t getting clones anymore.

Seems like Moana at MK may be excluded from the announcements, which is a shame.

As said by MisterPenguin, the kiddie ride at Cars land would allow them to remove the speedway, which would be a huge win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom