D23 2024 Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

mickEblu

Original Poster
These are the rumors for what’s going to be announced for DLR at this years D23 shared by @Henry Mystic on the WDW side of the forum.

Disneyland Resort:
  • New, unique Avatar land using the Shanghai pirates boat technology.
  • PeopleMover comes back in a new way at Disneyland Park alongside significant changes to the land.
  • Hollywoodland will go away.
  • A Disney Springs-esque shopping district will be officially announced alongside plans for a new transit configuration for the resort.
  • The Avenger’s E-ticket gets an actual announcement.

Smugglers Run at DHS was also mentioned to be getting an update. I’d imagine that would be coming to Disneyland as well.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
What about Disneylands 70th? Do we think there will be any announcements made at the expo? Or will that be to soon?

Good question. I’d imagine they’ll mention something. Thing is I’m not even sure their will be any new entertainment considering all the new entertainment we got with Disney 100. Maybe Paint the Night comes back?

Last edited:

TTA94

Good question. I’d imagine they’ll mention something. Thing is I’m not even sure they’ll be May new entertainment considering all the new entertainment we got with Disney 100. Maybe Paint the Night comes back?

You might be right. They could do what they did for the 60th with Paint the Night, new DL nighttime show and new WoC.

Consumer

I hear they're bringing back Tower of Terror, Paradise Pier, Pacific Wharf, and a bug's land. Also Soarin' over California will be made permanent at DCA. Also single day park admission will be reduced to $75 for Disneyland and $50 for DCA. Also Walt Disney's frozen head will be wheeled out onto the stage where they'll link him to state of the art animatronic technology, allowing him to freely walk and do backflips.

waltography

Good question. I’d imagine they’ll mention something. Thing is I’m not even sure they’ll be May new entertainment considering all the new entertainment we got with Disney 100. Maybe Paint the Night comes back?
I suspect the same with PTN coming back as the bone they throw to fans for the 70th. I keep going back and forth on it, but ultimately I think we're getting a relatively muted 70th and a big 75th rather than two big celebrations.

Kind of related, it's strange how big the 60th felt despite no new attractions actually debuting during the celebration. The park was a jewel for the 60th though, especially with Hatbox Ghost, the new Yeti, the plussed FL dark rides, etc.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I suspect the same with PTN coming back as the bone they throw to fans for the 70th. I keep going back and forth on it, but ultimately I think we're getting a relatively muted 70th and a big 75th rather than two big celebrations.

Kind of related, it's strange how big the 60th felt despite no new attractions actually debuting during the celebration. The park was a jewel for the 60th though, especially with Hatbox Ghost, the new Yeti, the plussed FL dark rides, etc.

I agree. Considering the fact that the 75th is in 5 years and we’re just coming off the Disney 100 celebration that happened to kick off with a new ride (MMRR) for Disneyland I don’t see it being a big deal.

Yeah the 60th was great except for the butchering of the London scene in Peter Pan’s Flight. Isn’t that when they finally brought back the vignettes to the Emporium windows? Are any of those still working?

I previously had thought I didn’t get to experience DLR during the 50th anniversary. I recently remembered that I actually went during Summer 05. I just didn’t realize it was happening or watch any of the entertainment.

TP2000

Unless they’re going to buy GardenWalk and put it there, this idea needs to go in the garbage. I’d hate to see them rush into using the Toy Story lot already. It’s the last option for Gate 3.

You should sit down for this... :oops:

dl-forward-east-jpg.745808

DisneyAJ

You should sit down for this... :oops:

dl-forward-east-jpg.745808
I die a little inside every time I see this. Just seems a waste to jump into this so quickly being it’s the last large plot of land they currently have and will likely every have near the resort.
What if they decided to build out DCA proper with Avengers, Avatar etc and put the “Disney Springs” on the Simba lot or the old DTD surface lot? Preserving the Toy Story lot for a third gate. Not likely I know just throwing it out there.
There’s just so many options to be weighed. Smaller scale Disney Springs on the Simba lot or even just extend DTD towards the Pixar Pals parking garage and add a large resort or couple small ones back there. I just don’t think there’s a need for hotels and shopping in a space the size of DCA.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
These are the rumors for what’s going to be announced for DLR at this years D23 shared by @Henry Mystic on the WDW side of the forum.

Disneyland Resort:
  • New, unique Avatar land using the Shanghai pirates boat technology.
  • PeopleMover comes back in a new way at Disneyland Park alongside significant changes to the land.
  • Hollywoodland will go away.
  • A Disney Springs-esque shopping district will be officially announced alongside plans for a new transit configuration for the resort.
  • The Avenger’s E-ticket gets an actual announcement.

Smugglers Run at DHS was also mentioned to be getting an update. I’d imagine that would be coming to Disneyland as well.
The pixie duster in me says Yay announce it all with start dates. But the realists in me, and not to doubt the poster that said it, says nothing else but 1 (without the ride system announcement) and maybe 2 and 5 get said out loud at D23 with a sprinkling of teases for the rest.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Unless they’re going to buy GardenWalk and put it there, this idea needs to go in the garbage. I’d hate to see them rush into using the Toy Story lot already. It’s the last option for Gate 3.
We as fans really need to give up on this idea of a 3rd gate at DLR. Iger basically squashed the idea back in 2018 so doubt they have changed course on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom