Cynthia Harris Leaving Disneyland Resort

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
From the Cast Portal:

Farewell to the Disneyland Resort Cast

Over the past few years, we've done some incredible things together with the Disneyland Resort expansion, and we are on the threshold of our most exciting milestone, the 50th anniversary of Disneyland.
The next three years will be teeming with energy and enthusiasm, requiring the undivided commitment and attention of our team. With that in mind, it's the right time for someone else to dedicate their time and efforts to leading the Resort to this historic celebration.
After an extraordinary 11 years with The Walt Disney Company -- six of them at the Happiest Place on Earth - I have made the decision to leave the Company. The times we live in today remind us that every day counts and I recognize that there is a small window of time to put my family and loved ones first. For me, that time is now.
It has been an honor and privilege to work at the Disneyland Resort and I'm proud of being a part of this team. Dear to me are the memories of our Cast Member family and the smiling faces of our Guests. Your love, care and compassion for this magical place, each other and our Guests is the legacy I'll hold in my heart.
Matt Ouimet is a superb leader and someone I respect tremendously. He is the perfect person to carry Walt's values and traditions forward during the exciting time ahead.
Warmly,

Cynthia

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
from my sources

Karl Holz (WDW Ops VP... one of them) replaces Matt Ouimet as the Head of DCL

TURKEY

Originally posted by mkt
from my sources

Karl Holz (WDW Ops VP... one of them) replaces Matt Ouimet as the Head of DCL

Very nice man Matt is. I had the opportunity to meet him on my college program. He stayed almost an hour after his lecture continuing to answer questions from those interested.

He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and has a passion for Disney. I think he'll need an adjustment period, but I think he will do fine.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by MsSnuzi
Pardon my ignorance but, anyone care to enlighten me on Cynthia Harris?

a female Paul Pressler...

and Paul Pressler was the most loathed Disney Executive for a long while...

now he runs the Gap

diegorivera2

I know many DL fans are happy with this news; let's hope the best for Matt Ouimet's tenure as President. (His previous position was EVP for New Business Initiatives for the Parks and Resorts group as well as President of the Disney Cruise Line.)

Testtrack321

Cynthia Harris was initiated by Paul Pressler to the head of DL resorts. She was part of many of the huge failures at DL, from DCA to XGames. Her and her posé of ex-Army people who specialize in merchandise are another part of what's wrong.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by hmppan
....and cast members are dancing in the streets (of Main Street U.S.A.)

It's the heartbeat of America....

... right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.!!!!

TURKEY

I think that DL will rebound nicely.

Even though Rasulo had experience in Paris, just look at WDW since he took over. I've noticed a more upbeat, happier place. I hope it's the same in California.

MsSnuzi

Thanks for the info everybody - I'm glad to see any negative impact leave the company.

Rob - She sounded so nice in the note that you posted, I was confused as to why it was a happy moment for Disney. I guess she has a "Disney" way with words. Too bad she didn't really believe those words.

OK - start the celebration !!!

diegorivera2

As a member of the Disney Music Discussion Forum, we've had discussions regarding Anne Hamburger's (EVP Creative Entertainment for the Parks and Resorts group) vision of more cutting-edge, Broadway based performances. Unfortunately, these performances leave children scratching their heads trying to figure out what they've just seen and probably was not what most had come to expect from stage shows inside the parks.

Anne is responsible for the current Aladdin show at DCA and, I believe had strong backing from Ms. Harriss.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I don't follow DL that much, what was her vision for Park Entertainment?

less is more....

high brow...

and the dollar store rules

Lee

Adventurer
Forget last weeks announcements.
This is the biggest Disney news in a year.

Wonder if she'll turn up at Gap?

Covnut

Message from Jay

I am very pleased to announce that Matt Ouimet, president of the Disney Cruise Line, has been promoted, effective immediately, to president of the Disneyland Resort, reporting to me.

Matt will replace Cynthia Harriss who has resigned for personal reasons after six years as president of the Disneyland Resort and 11 years of dedicated service to The Walt Disney Company.

Those of you who have worked with Matt know that he brings many outstanding qualities to this important and challenging new position, including the exceptional leadership skills, operational expertise and brand knowledge that have made Disney Cruise Line one of our strongest businesses.

Matt joined The Walt Disney Company in 1989 and has since excelled in a series of executive positions in finance and business development. In the past 14 years, Matt has served not only as president of Disney Cruise Line, but also as senior vice president and chief financial officer at the Disney Development Company; senior vice president of Finance and Business Development at the Walt Disney World Resort; and executive general manager of Disney Vacation Club and Disney's Wide World of Sports.

Matt has built Disney Cruise Line (DCL) into the country's premier family cruise operator and one of our most promising new businesses. His continued focus on the quality of the guest experience at DCL has resulted in the highest guest satisfaction ratings of any line of business in the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts portfolio.

Active in Florida's business community, Matt serves as the chairman of the Florida Chamber of Commerce and on the Board of Directors for the International Council of Cruise Lines and the Floridian Caribbean Cruise Association. Matt is a graduate of Binghamton University and a native of upstate New York.

Matt will be succeeded by Karl Holz, senior vice president for Walt Disney World Operations, who is promoted, effective immediately, to president of the Disney Cruise Line, reporting to Al Weiss.

Like Matt, Karl brings a diverse background and unique combination of leadership abilities, and operational expertise to his new role.

Karl began his career at the Walt Disney World Resort in 1996 as vice president, Downtown Disney, where he oversaw the successful expansion and renovation of this popular retail, dining and entertainment district. In 2000, he became vice president of Epcot, and in 2001, was promoted to senior vice president of operations for the Walt Disney World Resort. Most recently, Karl worked closely with Alice Norsworthy to guide the development of the new Magical Gatherings business at the Walt Disney World Resort, which was launched publicly just last week.

Prior to joining the Walt Disney World Resort, Karl was president and COO of Sky Chefs/Concession Air from 1989-1992 and vice president, theme parks for Knott's Berry Farm from 1992-1996. Karl earned a B.S. in Business Administration from The State University of New York, Fredonia.

One of our company's greatest strengths is the incredible depth of our leadership. Matt and Karl epitomize the record of accomplishment, commitment to excellence and broad range of talents at every level of our world-class management team.

I am delighted that Matt and Karl will be contributing in new ways to the success of our business, as we continue positioning all of our assets to seize the recovery when the economy rebounds and consumer confidence returns.

I hope you will join me in wishing both of them every success as they begin their new roles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom