Cynicism towards Carousel of Progress

CBOMB

No, making the world cleaner for the future of tomorrow is common sense and has nothing to do with reducing green house gas emissions by man made items when the earth itself puts out more green house gasses than man could ever make. If anything needs to get "green" its mother nature.....but thats just my humble opinion.
Now that is a fact.

If people aren't optimistic about the future they must live in some third world country. I think there are several things wrong with CoP. The last scene can't keep up with the technological advancements. The more you update it, the bigger gap you will have from the previous scene. The biggest problems I think are location, and a lack luster building. I think Cop is being forced into a slow death.

EPCOT Explorer

I think the idea that technology and industry are humanity's saviors died decades ago, and the Disney company realized it.

Older versions of the COP played up the positive aspects of technology even more than the current version. With today's society's emphasis on going green, I think it's about time the COP get revamped to include these ideals.

(A sidenote: Epcot would probably do well to incorporate these ideas as well)

VERY true about the Epcot statment.I still like CoP because it has that true Disney Feeling.It may be a bit dated and old,but it's deffinatly a classic.

PaisleyMF

VERY true about the Epcot statment.I still like CoP because it has that true Disney Feeling.It may be a bit dated and old,but it's deffinatly a classic.

As a real Disney Classic you can do so much with the ride and the area for it. Sky is the limit and Imagination is just a sprinkle of Pixie Dust!

PeeplMoovr

I think the idea that technology and industry are humanity's saviors died decades ago, and the Disney company realized it.

Older versions of the COP played up the positive aspects of technology even more than the current version. With today's society's emphasis on going green, I think it's about time the COP get revamped to include these ideals.

(A sidenote: Epcot would probably do well to incorporate these ideas as well)

Well said. :sohappy:

Mecha Figment

well to anybody who loves the Cop need to see it soon

its probably going to be gone in the next 10 years. it's on the imageneers chopping block. its taking up very valuable and usefull space.

Dagger

I love it and always did but I don't like the last scene at all... when we went, there were about a dozen there as well (a few nights ago) but my 2 yr. old was well intrigued for most of it... then grabbed her blankie and fell asleep...

jt04

well to anybody who loves the Cop need to see it soon

its probably going to be gone in the next 10 years. it's on the imageneers chopping block. its taking up very valuable and usefull space.

Yep Yep

It would be perfect at Epcot, DCA or DL though.:lookaroun

LudwigVonDrake

While I absoutely LOVE The Carousel of Progress and get a lump in my throat whenever I hear Rex Allen as The Grandfather, I believe it would serve the attraction well to GO BACK to the 1964 World's Fair version. Tomorrow comes too quickly to be able to update the last scene as frequently as needed. Put the last scene back in 1964 and let it serve as a reminder of how times used to be. It was Walt Disney's baby and deserves a spot to spin happily in Tomorrowland. The line has been blurred anyway in Tomorrowland with The Laugh Floor (which I love) and even to a degree, Stitch's Great Escape so keeping CoP there shouldn't/wouldn't be a problem.

theRIOT

I thought this would be appropriate as the best change in my opinion is to send it home to Disneyland.

carouselinnoventions.jpg

Cheers!

Since1976

I thought this would be appropriate as the best change in my opinion is to send it home to Disneyland.

Moving it back to Disneyland would be a GREAT idea! Don't get me wrong, I *love love LOVE* COP, but I think it has been played out over here. I'm sure it would find a new life, and a boost in attendance for at least a couple of decades, at DLR. Californians who remember the attraction from the 70s would certainly get a kick out of getting their beloved attraction back.

RiversideBunny

If WDW would spruce up the outside of the CoP building and the entrance area, it would draw a lot more people into the attraction.

Currently the outside is very plain. There is nothing visual to grab guests and pull them over there. It could even be mistaken for a maintenance building. Very plain.

The outside needs color, signs, etc. like the other attractions have.

CoP is a must whenever we visit the MK.
:cool:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If WDW would spruce up the outside of the CoP building and the entrance area, it would draw a lot more people into the attraction.

Currently the outside is very plain. There is nothing visual to grab guests and pull them over there. It could even be mistaken for a maintenance building. Very plain.

The outside needs color, signs, etc. like the other attractions have.

CoP is a must whenever we visit the MK.
:cool:

Ive never seen a spinning maintenance building before....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom