Current Resort Policy on Room Charges - durring Covid

Wngo905

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I scanned this Resort chain looking to see if this was covered recently and don't see anything.

What is the current policy on Room Charges and pre-authorizations to credit cards/debit cards? Last I remember, they were putting $100 holds immediately on cards to cover daily charges and increase the holds as needed, then would charge the card that night (correct?) (not the old system, no holds and each catogory had an amount and when you reached that amount your card was charged).
I plan to pay for everything with gift cards and am curious if I have to visit the lobby late night to pay down the charges or if I could tell them and they have a limit of charges run before actually charged on the card.

11 days to go...... :)

Zé_Carioca

As far as I'm aware they are still dong the $100 hold thing. Though I've never paid with gift cards so I can't answer the paying that night part.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I don't know for certain the hold policy right now, but I would be surprised if it has changed. The real issue is once you hit either a dollar limit or certain number of days, the card used will be charged and a new hold created.

My best advice is to get that confirmed with the front desk at check in. I remember in our visit last year I had to visit the front desk sometime in the middle of our 8 day trip to pay the balance with gift cards, before either the dollar limit or number of days was reached. It was not something I had to do every night.

Final note: if you plan to pay the entire balance by gift card, ask the front desk how to do that. I know that night before you check out balance is automatically charged to the card sometime overnight. We did not pay the entire balance by gift card and wanted the balance to be charged to the card on file. The charge on the card was not there when I went to bed, but when I woke up the morning of check-out, the card had been billed.

Robbiem

If you are coming from outside the US also check how you’ll be billed as multiple charges vs a single charge could cost you more in exchanges fees

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom