Current Disneyland Employees - A Question about current Union Benefits

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I have a basic question to ask.

First, which specific Union are you a member of?

Who provides your Medical Benefits. TWDC or the Union?

How about a Dental Plan?

And a Vision Plan...

To be fair, I will share what we (My Wife, Lisa, who works for the County of Orange) get.

Our Medical is provided by the County of Orange. Multiple choices are available, we opted for Kaiser. Her coverage is free (some plans require a co-payment), my coverage has a bi-weekly co-payment.

As for the Dental and Vision Insurance, we get it through the OCEA union.

http://www.ocea.org/member-benefits/health-and-welfare-benefits/enrollment-guides-and-forms.html

http://www.ocea.org/assets/files/health-and-welfare/2018-suppl-dental-vision.pdf

We opted for DeltaCare and VSP, and our costs are about $6.50 each two weeks. If we had kids, it would be about $20 per paycheck.

Thanks for sharing your information.

Miceberg

I inquired of "my" cast member who is in management. I copied and pasted your questions and here is the reply:

"I'm not part of any union, but insurance is through TWDC and there are multiple options available for health, vision, and dental."

They have Kaiser, but pay for it, I don't remember how much per month. Sorry I couldn't get you more info.:(

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I inquired of "my" cast member who is in management. I copied and pasted your questions and here is the reply:

"I'm not part of any union, but insurance is through TWDC and there are multiple options available for health, vision, and dental."

They have Kaiser, but pay for it, I don't remember how much per month. Sorry I couldn't get you more info.:(

Thanks for looking into the matter, I am trying to get a comparision of different unions involved at the park, there are about 17 different ones, depending on how you count....

TP2000

I know the union that ODV belongs to gets them free shoes and all the soda they can drink while on break.

That explains a lot actually.

A shame the union doesn't try to get wages that raise higher than the automatic $1.00 per year raise in the minimum wage California has through 2022. But instead, they think pumping their members full of high fructose corny syrup enabling obesity and poor health is a good thing? And that helps the dues paying members how, exactly? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom