Current Cancellation Policy?

garcyn

New Member
Original Poster
I did a search and none of the replies seemed recent. We're holding partially paid reservations for a week in mid-April with on-site hotel, dining, parks etc... In the event that we decide we need to cancel what's involved? Seems like earlier replies indicate that a no-fee, full refund if more than 45 days out with a $100 cancellation fee for cancellations between 45 and 6 days out.
 

SplashZander

Well-Known Member
Advertisement
I am not sure what the policy is, but calling them directly would clear up any confusion.

In the past, Disney has been very helpful with cancellations even within the fee window.

We had a trip planned for I believe 2017, not exactly sure about the year, however, a hurricane was expected to hit Orlando hard and thus the parks were going to have closures, as a result, we canceled without repercussions.

We rescheduled for later in the year, but unfortunately, my uncle had died and thus we needed to cancel to attend the funeral. We were not charged fees after explaining our situation.

If coronavirus becomes a prominent issue I would expect easy refunds and a waiver of cancellation fees. If a personal emergency occurs you should get the fee waived which would be done through calling Disney. It is definitely a pain, especially in hard times, but in my experience, they try their best to make it all work out.
 

Dave Ber

Well-Known Member
It sounds like you put down a $200 deposit and purchased a package? If that is the case you can cancel up to 30 days prior when the final payment is due, you would get a full refund back to the card you put the deposit on. If you purchased the hotel and bought your tickets separately from an outside vendor, then you had to put down a deposit for one full day of the room or so and the rest is due the day before you check in, it might even be on check in day
 

ELG13

Well-Known Member
From my recent call, with a room only they told me 5 days before with no fee but the woman didn't seem so sure. I'm a little weird so i plan on calling a few times to get different people to see if their answers align. I don't want to risk it.
 

garcyn

New Member
Original Poster
We did indeed purchase the hotel/tickets together but I'm not sure if all we put down was $200. I did send WDW an email from the MDE tab of my reservation and got a reply saying they got my email (not a reply to my question). We're still more than a month out so depending on what I hear I may just call THE BOARDWALK INN and check. Thanks Dave! ELG13, let me know what else you find out OK? We're just concerned that air travel could get weird depending what happens globally with coronavirus.
 

Dave Ber

Well-Known Member
$200 is the minimum, some pay more up front, but you have until that 30 days out to finalize or cancel on the package, good luck with everything
 

ELG13

Well-Known Member
If you got the hotel/ticket package then you have to have it paid in full at 30 days out. After than you have to pay a fee. I've been told by. A few cast members that if you call to CHANGE you reservations to a later date, there isn't a fee but I've also had some members reluctant to make that claim. I think it's all wishy washy depending on the reason you are cancelling/Changing and the cast members empathy lol
 
Top Bottom