Curious what others do about their last day tickets

natolij02

We just finished paying for our trip and we tried a ton of different configurations of coming and going and day/night changes trying to get the best value for our money. Our best value with flight prices was to do 6N/7D park hopper (during free dining). The best flight we could get out on our last day there leaves early in the morning. So I am wondering how other people have dealt with the fact that they have park passes on their last day but, no ablility to use them. It was really the same to do room only and then find a place to eat for all 3 of us. Doing the package gave us one more day of free dining and that value alone seemed worth it. Anyone else ever contemplate how to be able to use their "days" in the park but cant......what happens to those tickets for that day

*TXWDWFAN*

You can always check to see if you can do a no expiration on just the one day park ticket. I have never done this but have been told that it will save you a little money on your next trip.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

I would ask the CM when checking in if you could only buy 6 day tickets. Back before MYW tickets the had "Lenght of Stay" tickets. If you asked at check-in, you could have either the first, last, or both days removed. It never hurts asking :shrug: .

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

You can change the number of days on your tickets without affecting your Dining plan. Simply call whoever you booked the trip through and ask them to adjust the number of days on the ticket side. Unless you are within the 45 days prior to your trip, it should be no issue. The Dining plan is matched to the number of NIGHTS on your hotel reservation only. As Monty said though the cost is negligible, approximately 2 dollars per person savings. Have a great time!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Phonedave

We just finished paying for our trip and we tried a ton of different configurations of coming and going and day/night changes trying to get the best value for our money. Our best value with flight prices was to do 6N/7D park hopper (during free dining). The best flight we could get out on our last day there leaves early in the morning. So I am wondering how other people have dealt with the fact that they have park passes on their last day but, no ablility to use them. It was really the same to do room only and then find a place to eat for all 3 of us. Doing the package gave us one more day of free dining and that value alone seemed worth it. Anyone else ever contemplate how to be able to use their "days" in the park but cant......what happens to those tickets for that day

You can allways do somthing that does not require an admission, such as DTD or resort hop, and then save them for another time. They don't expire.

This is one of the reasons I went with an AP. There are no "wasted days". If i we end up with only 2 hours to go to a park, we go.

-dave

Upvote 0

autigger

The cost of that 7th day is negligible... Hardly worth worrying about.

So many people dont understand that.

I know a number of people (who are staying longer than five days) explain how they don't want to "waste" a valuable park admission on their first or last day. I tried to explain to them that adding a sixth or seventh day of admission is very cheap.

I would not pay $70.00 per person for a couple of hours at Magic Kingdom on our last day, but I will gladly pay $5 to do that.

Upvote 0

autigger

You can allways do somthing that does not require an admission, such as DTD or resort hop, and then save them for another time. They don't expire.

Unless you specifically buy a "no expiration" add on, your tickets will expire 14 days sfter first use.

If you want "no expiration" make sure you add that on.

Upvote 0

Rob562

So many people dont understand that.

I know a number of people (who are staying longer than five days) explain how they don't want to "waste" a valuable park admission on their first or last day. I tried to explain to them that adding a sixth or seventh day of admission is very cheap.

I would not pay $70.00 per person for a couple of hours at Magic Kingdom on our last day, but I will gladly pay $5 to do that.

Exactly. I think people are stuck thinking of Disney park tickets like they were pre-MYW, where an extra day on the ticket usually WAS a waste for only an hour or two... But if they actually looked at all of the prices, they'd realize it's no longer the case.

I'm going during Free Dining in September with a couple friends. We're only planning on about four "park days" where we're in the parks all day. But I'm having my friends still get 8-day tickets (I'll have an AP) because the price difference between a 4-day ticket and an 8-day ticket is a whopping $9.59 per person.

It'll allow us to go into the parks just to hit a couple rides, see some fireworks or grab dinner without a major hit in the wallet. Also, because they're getting the WP&M add-on, they'll get more of those admissions for the same price (because WP&M is a flat-rate)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
The cost of that 7th day is negligible... Hardly worth worrying about.

Exactly. I bought my kids 7 day tickets instead of 5 day tickets on last trip because the difference in price was only $2 each. We never ended up using those extra admissions, but I was glad to have them "just in case" for the $4 it cost.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom