Cup of Tea?

S_Grise

Okay, here's an unusual question. Besides Epcot, where is the best place in each park to get a really good cup of tea? Thanks!

Morwen

I know that it's not a park, but the Grand Floridian does a High Tea... not only does that mean great tea, but really yummy tea sandwiches and snacks as well!

Upvote 0

canuck

Other than the GF tea you can't get a good cup of tea in WDW. Sorry just my opinion. Most resorts now have coffe makers where you can boil water to make your own tea.That is an alternative.

Upvote 0

UKMickeyFan

The Grand Floridian tea is really cool, but make sure you try and make a PS for it as it fills up very quickliy in high season and they don't like to have a lot of walk in's.
The tea at the Rose and Crown is the same as at any Disney Restaurant, just a tea box with a selection of teas, no PG tips there!!!

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

I had some great tea at Tusker House at DAK during the breakfast buffet for the Sunrise Saffari. I'm not sure if they have it for regular day guests, though.

Upvote 0

S_Grise

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I didn't know about high tea at the GF. I had a great cup of tea in Japan at Epcot. I appreciate the information.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Speaking as a true tea loving Englishman - black tea must be made with boiling water. Sadly, in the parks you are normally presented with a cup of hot water and a tea bag to place in said water. If the water does not hit the tea leaves when it's boiling you do not get the best out of the tea.

Toodle pip chaps :wave:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Highland_Holly said:
I generally travel with my own tea bags in my purse...

but I wonder if Rose and Crown would have good tea... they are English, after all! :)

Holly
Its not a bad cup of tea at the R&C - we also bring our own tea bags (but not into the parks)

Upvote 0

Ms Brer Rabbit

good tea

Finding good tea can be a challenge but if you're in the area, Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge has very good African Teas available and it's served in a French press..very good!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Ms Brer Rabbit said:
Finding good tea can be a challenge but if you're in the area, Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge has very good African Teas available and it's served in a French press..very good!

I'll second that one. My wife loves it. I don't drink tea, but she said it was very good.

Upvote 0

S_Grise

Original Poster
Ms Brer Rabbit said:
This is exactly the stuff I needed to know! You guys are awesome! BTW, I agree about the boiling water. Bringing your own bags doesn't help if you can't get boiling water. We like milk and sugar in our morning tea...I'm not going to schlep THAT around! Thanks again, everyone!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

The Disney resorts have microwaves in the food courts.

You can get the hot water out of the dispenser and then get it to 212 F (100 C) in the microwave.

Upvote 0

righttrack

The complaint I get from many tea drinkers is the unavailability of milk to put in their tea. Many British, and virtually all Indians prefer whole or 2% milk with their tea, not half and half. All too often at restaurants, they are presented with no milk, or cream. I don't think this is a problem in WDW, but it is most everywhere else I travel with Brits/Indians.

Upvote 0

MommytoMJM

Here's a small bit of Tea Trivia...the only place inside the parks that you can get Sweet Tea (Iced) is the Columbia Harbour House. All of the other restaurants serve regular tea you have to sweeten yourself....

Upvote 0

righttrack

MommytoMJM said:
Here's a small bit of Tea Trivia...the only place inside the parks that you can get Sweet Tea (Iced) is the Columbia Harbour House. All of the other restaurants serve regular tea you have to sweeten yourself....

Sorry to inform you, but as of our trip this past April, that has changed. They serve unsweetened Nestea just like the rest of WDW. They used to have Luzianne Sweet Tea back when we last visited the world in 2004.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom