Cultural Representative Program Returning?

ToTBellHop

Italian Cast Member Recruitment

Was redirected to this job advertisement by an article on the site which must not be named. Looks like a good indication that the World Showcase will one day be populated by citizens of the World once again? (As soon as later this year according to this advertisement) 🙏
Yes, although this is just for Via Napoli and Tutto Italia CMs, but still, a good start.

nickys

Premium Member
Disney were advertising for Cultural Representatives for several pavilions last summer I think, Norway was definitely one. Goodness knows what happened to those applicants but they aren’t going to be arriving any time soon even if Disney did complete the recruitment process.

There are several obstacles in the way. For a start the US aren’t allowing anyone from Schengen Area countries in. They aren’t processing visa applications and no extensions were given. And the previous administration cancelled both types of visa that the CMs on these programmes would need. And of course the vaccine roll-out in the EU isn’t going well. The U.K. don’t expect to be vaccinating all adults until the Summer, the EU will be later than that. And there won’t be the option to pay to jump the queue either.

I mean, it’s nice to see things starting to move forward. But unless there are major changes in the next few months I’m not holding my breath.

nickys

Premium Member
Perhaps they are trying to attract those already living in the States? Although then I suppose it wouldn't be the Cultural Representatives program.

Maybe getting ready now for 2022.
And their visas will have run out surely. I mean some may have been allowed to stay in the country if they couldn’t get home but I doubt their visas are still valid for working. I guess there could be some people with dual nationality who have the right to work.

Skooterkid

Original Poster

JoeCamel

Patina Restaurant Group is not hiring Cultural Representatives for the Italy pavilion at EPCOT​

Interesting. I’m hoping that the news was just leaked too early and that recruitment will be announced soon 🙏
Or maybe the carp site is wrong again trying to rush to the front? I like this site (magic)

Last edited:

Robbiem

The entry restrictions for Europeans to the US are based on where you’re coming from. You could enter the US as a European or Brit so long as you haven’t been in one of the listed countries 14 days prior to arriving.

realistically though I cant see a return to the cultural program this year, at least not in Disney positions

wdrive

And their visas will have run out surely. I mean some may have been allowed to stay in the country if they couldn’t get home but I doubt their visas are still valid for working. I guess there could be some people with dual nationality who have the right to work.

There are people who marry Americans/other ways to get a permanent visa.
Saying that I feel they’d struggle trying to fill the pavilions with exclusively people from that country who have a permanent visa.

castlecake2.0

Conspiracy theory: part of the Q1 visa is that you must live in Disney housing during your program. Disney has all these empty apartments. Disney cant fill roles at their locations with CRP re: union agreement. Third party CAN fill roles with CRP as they are not part of the agreement. Disney nudges third party to start recruiting CRP so they can have renters to pay for flamingo crossing. Hmmmmm.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Conspiracy theory: part of the Q1 visa is that you must live in Disney housing during your program. Disney has all these empty apartments. Disney cant fill roles at their locations with CRP re: union agreement. Third party CAN fill roles with CRP as they are not part of the agreement. Disney nudges third party to start recruiting CRP so they can have renters to pay for flamingo crossing. Hmmmmm.
Third party has said they are not recruiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom