Culinary Series?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why hasn't Disney gone down the culinary path more? Here's what I mean:

We got festivals pretty much year round now with "special" kiosks, we've got "secret" menu items, limited time menu items, popular TV chefs opening permanent establishments for as long as their brand sustains, and so on and so forth. I believe it is consensus that quality at most of the TS places has gone down and they don't provide the value that they once did.

I think Disney should have seasonal or temporary tie-ins with all of its signature dining and certain QS places. I'm not talking permanency here, I'm talking a limited engagement type thing. I culinary series if you will.

Let's say the month of April there was a Kona / Alan Wong tie-in with Polynesian inspired dishes, while over at San Angel the tie-in is with Bobby Flay. You'd do 3 to 5 restaurants monthly, up the food game, promote it, and be able to charge a premium. It'd be a F&W on steroids. (Because of course there'd be a special wine selection / cocktails - not to mention "merchandising".)

I personally would be all for that.

JIMINYCR

Disney doesnt need it, they are already packing in the reservations and making their food profits and would see it as being too much trouble to constantly offer the change. For them it wouldnt bring in different diners because it wouldnt / cant increase table spaces. Outdoor kiosks and festivals can do it much better at less cost to them. But as a diner... Yes I, would love to see that being offered.

Phonedave

Why hasn't Disney gone down the culinary path more? Here's what I mean:

We got festivals pretty much year round now with "special" kiosks, we've got "secret" menu items, limited time menu items, popular TV chefs opening permanent establishments for as long as their brand sustains, and so on and so forth. I believe it is consensus that quality at most of the TS places has gone down and they don't provide the value that they once did.

I think Disney should have seasonal or temporary tie-ins with all of its signature dining and certain QS places. I'm not talking permanency here, I'm talking a limited engagement type thing. I culinary series if you will.

Let's say the month of April there was a Kona / Alan Wong tie-in with Polynesian inspired dishes, while over at San Angel the tie-in is with Bobby Flay. You'd do 3 to 5 restaurants monthly, up the food game, promote it, and be able to charge a premium. It'd be a F&W on steroids. (Because of course there'd be a special wine selection / cocktails - not to mention "merchandising".)

I personally would be all for that.

Because, aside from the fact that the TS restaurants are already packed, so there is no need to do so, the DDP will not let them do it.

By accepting the DDP, a restaurant needs to keep every dish below a certain food cost. It does not matter what the price on the menu is, the restaurant gets $X per credit "spent". If you had guest chefs create special menus, and then had to either exclude the DDP or have an additional cash charge to an entree, there would be loads of complaints.

Hockey89

Because, aside from the fact that the TS restaurants are already packed, so there is no need to do so, the DDP will not let them do it.

By accepting the DDP, a restaurant needs to keep every dish below a certain food cost. It does not matter what the price on the menu is, the restaurant gets $X per credit "spent". If you had guest chefs create special menus, and then had to either exclude the DDP or have an additional cash charge to an entree, there would be loads of complaints.
And why the DDP has destroyed the Sig Restaurants…. All for a plan that probably costs you more than just eating normal....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom