Cubs Parade at Magic Kingdom on Sat, Nov 5

SorcererMC

Yeah, this was a defeat I needed rubbed in even more.:cry:
I hear you - I have friends and family that are die-hard Cleveland Indians fans....like the equivalent of a 'pixie duster', if you will. I'm more of a casual baseball fan (if that?) but I am enthralled with this World Series. It's also nice to have something to celebrate in contrast to the zeitgeist of the election.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I hear you - I have friends and family that are die-hard Cleveland Indians fans....like the equivalent of a 'pixie duster', if you will. I'm more of a casual baseball fan (if that?) but I am enthralled with this World Series. It's also nice to have something to celebrate in contrast to the zeitgeist of the election.

Absolutely!, Let's face it Cleveland will be back next year and then they will win the World Series, Let's face it the Cubs were due, Being from Boston I understand what that's all about but remember it was Francona who broke the Sox drought, I'm sure he'll do the same for the Tribe.

jt04

Absolutely!, Let's face it Cleveland will be back next year and then they will win the World Series, Let's face it the Cubs were due, Being from Boston I understand what that's all about but remember it was Francona who broke the Sox drought, I'm sure he'll do the same for the Tribe.

Cleveland won't win next year. All their shareholders care about are quarterly reports and a quick buck. Expect profit taking in 2017 and a free-agent exodus to Universal Studios.

rob0519

The live stream was pretty much a joke. If you can find it on youtube, the first 6 minutes are a static screen. Then 6 minutes of the worst parade video and coverage I've ever seen.

Seanual757

But some of us have been fans for as long as we can remember.

Exactly see how many can name Cub players from the past seasons from the 80's and 90's. I grew up in The NW Burbs a long time fane even made it back for 8/8/88 a true Cubs fan will remember that date.

Jimmy Thick

Exactly see how many can name Cub players from the past seasons from the 80's and 90's. I grew up in The NW Burbs a long time fane even made it back for 8/8/88 a true Cubs fan will remember that date.

Oh please who cares?

Any and everyone can be a Cubs fan, or any fan for any team they wish. Just because you have been a fan longer than the person who enjoyed the World Series or liked the way Anthony Rizzo twerked, and decided to jump on the bandwagon is just fine, your long term suffering entitles you to absolutely nothing.

It's professional sports, fans are born everyday, and it makes the world a more interesting place especially when a rabid crowd is rooting for their favorite team.

Jimmy Thick- Silly sports argument that accomplishes nothing but eye rolls and stale farts.

SorcererMC

because you have been a fan longer than the person who enjoyed the World Series
Hmmm....am I 'the person' b/c I said I was enthralled with this World Series? I thought it would be insensitive if I said that I'm a SF Giants fan (who were also beat out by the Cubs this year), because it's not like the Giants are hurting for a WS win. I may have been hoping for an Indians win but I still think it's great that the Cubs got it. That game 7 was intense, will probably never see anything like it again. Dad grew up in NYC watching the 1950s Yankees, so I was raised with an appreciation for the history of the game.

fizzyjax

Oh wow, I arrived at magic kingdom shortly before the parade started and when it did start it was impossible to weave my way through the pathway besides the crowds. I had NO IDEA what was going on and was so confused because I had never seen this many people screaming and crowding up for the daytime parade. The crowds were thick enough that I couldn't see a single glimpse of the parade to get a hint of what was going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom