CSR Updates

Buzz2001

Original Poster
A main pool rehab is supposed to start in September 2018. Pool refurbishment will take place from Sept 4 - Dec 12. As always, all resort happenings are subject to change.

Starting today, Rix Sports Bar & Grill will be serving breakfast from 7am - 10:30am, as well as lunch and dinner from 11am - midnight. The DDP will be accepted as a TS credit. No reservations needed at this time, first come, fist serve. You will be able to book reservations beginning 6/1/18 on your MDE. Menu may be limited for first few weeks.

Last edited:

ryguy

Any deets on what they are doing to the main pool? I would think they may need to expand the pool area a little to accommodate more guests with the new tower being added.

HwdStudio

I had this view of the new tower from my balcony at the Swan E057F50B-3515-4B0E-B7B2-14808187B5DC.jpeg

Passing by CSR and seeing it from the ground truly shows how massive the new tower is.

Brandon barr

Yes but there are 3 quiets pools located in the 3 areas of the resort (Cabana's, Casitas and Rancho's)
Man I wish I knew that. Yeah I have been to coranado the last 2 years and have 2 booked for this year but have not decided on a stay and my son loves the water slide. May try the caribean beach resort.

NiarrNDisney

Man I wish I knew that. Yeah I have been to coranado the last 2 years and have 2 booked for this year but have not decided on a stay and my son loves the water slide. May try the caribean beach resort.

I don't know when you have planned you trip but be sure to do your research as I am not certain when all the resort construction (not Riviera or Skyliner) will be done it could affect your stay as well.

Brandon barr

I don't know when you have planned you trip but be sure to do your research as I am not certain when all the resort construction (not Riviera or Skyliner) will be done it could affect your stay as well.

I have one for end of September and one for 2nd week In December. I have not decided on either one yet. I have stayed at coranado yhe last 2 years. And yeah I have been keeping a eye out on construction at CBR and I dont rhink ot would bother me. This I'd just the first I have read about the pool closing at CSR

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

I had an email from WDW yesterday informing me of these refurbs going on during my stay. Looks like I'm going just as the refurb starts.

It's not a major issue, as I don't tend to use the pools that much.

Moodtastiv

We have a 2 week booking late September to early October that we made June last year (we are coming from the UK).

This news has me very worried. We understood that there would be some well managed construction but we were assured that all facilities would remain open.

It is a public holiday today so the company we booked through head office is shut until tomorrow. Is it likely they could move us to another moderate or would Disney it's self make any offer?

James J

In the Parks
No
We have a 2 week booking late September to early October that we made June last year (we are coming from the UK).

This news has me very worried. We understood that there would be some well managed construction but we were assured that all facilities would remain open.

It is a public holiday today so the company we booked through head office is shut until tomorrow. Is it likely they could move us to another moderate or would Disney it's self make any offer?

I booked through Disney themselves, and called up to see if we had any alternative options. They offered to move us to a Royal Guest Room with Garden View at Port Orleans Riverside for no extra cost, which we've taken up. However, you may get a different response as you've booked through another company. Who was it, out of curiosity? One of my mother's colleagues booked his family trip through Virgin and wanted to move from Caribbean Beach, but they said it would be £2000 extra to change as they (Virgin) get a certain allocation of rooms.

Moodtastiv

I booked through Disney themselves, and called up to see if we had any alternative options. They offered to move us to a Royal Guest Room with Garden View at Port Orleans Riverside for no extra cost, which we've taken up. However, you may get a different response as you've booked through another company. Who was it, out of curiosity? One of my mother's colleagues booked his family trip through Virgin and wanted to move from Caribbean Beach, but they said it would be £2000 extra to change as they (Virgin) get a certain allocation of rooms.

Thomas Cook. We called yesterday but the relevant department is not open until Tuesday. They did send a letter in March regarding the construction but it stated all the facilities will be open.

We shall see tomorrow I guess.

Cole27

Thomas Cook. We called yesterday but the relevant department is not open until Tuesday. They did send a letter in March regarding the construction but it stated all the facilities will be open.

We shall see tomorrow I guess.

Did you manage to get anything sorted?

Moodtastiv

We went to the shop Tuesday to talk. They called Operations and finally got (after calling daily) a response today.

They offered us an upgrade to Animal Kingdom Lodge on the understanding the main pool might be shut for refurb works (we might have to use the DVC pool). They had no availability for our dates at other moderates. We upgraded further to a Savannah room for £450.

I'm pleased. At first they were not sure if they could move us and keep our free dining plan but they did manage to honour the original extras we got including the dining plan.

Let's hope the Lodge works are not too disruptive!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom