CS versus CBR

WildcatDen

Okay, with the new public code out there I looked into applying it to our rezzies for November at CBR. Turns out it is a no-go but Coronado has openings with that code (well they did yesterday so this may be moot). Savings were just under $300.

I want to try and convince the family that Coronado would be as good or better than Caribbean Beach.

So, those of you that have been to both, let me kow what you think.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
With the exception of the theming and the cuisine both of those resorts are nearly identical. Both are huge and spread around a central lake. The rooms sizes are similar as well as the bus stop layout. About the only notable difference I have observed between the 2 resorts is that CS has a convention center so many of the guests are there for a convention and not the parks so the number of people using the buses seems a little lighter than at CBR.

Upvote 0

dave2822

Coronado is the better resort, in my opinion. The layouts are nearly identical, but I prefer the theming (some beautiful scenery at CS), the main pool is superior (bigger, better slide, better themed), and though the food can be more expensive, there is a greater variety at CS (the Pepper Market for breakfast :slurp: ).

Overall, though both resorts are identical in a lot of ways, I'd be happier with CS.

Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Thanks for the info so far.

My oldest daughter asked the following question, "Can you smell the Animal Kingdom for Coronado Springs"?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the info so far.

My oldest daughter asked the following question, "Can you smell the Animal Kingdom for Coronado Springs"?
The honest answer no.

The Master Yoda smart A answer. "That is not AK you are smelling sweetie you just need to start bathing and wearing deodorant.":D

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

We are going 11/21 - 11/26. We were supposed to stay at POFQ, but we switched to CS to get the discount ($300.) It's the only moderate I haven't stayed at so I am very excited. I have stayed at CBR before and the rooms were a nice size. The theming was cute too. I didn't think the grounds were that pretty at CBR. From the pictures I 've seen, CS looks nicer. Guess I'll find out in 95 days!
Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have stayed at both resorts and DH and I love them both. If the Coronado is cheaper go for it. We thought that the buses ran a little more regularly at the CS and we thought that was do to convention people (they need to be back at certain times and all that). We also liked the pool a lot more at the CS. Another perk is at night there was a lounge area to go to that offered free chips and salsa. Two drawbacks: only one room in the sink and if you eat inside the pepper market you pay a extra surcharge for the "table service". The way to get around that is to get your food to go and eat in the lounge area or outside.

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

I just got back from staying at Coronado Springs for the first time. I hear a lot of conflicting opinions about this place but I LOVED IT! I didn't get to use the amenities much because I was only there a couple days. And because I was with the what I like to call the "high-rollers" (my parents), we got room service for breakfast in the mornings. I believe it is one of the only mods to have a 'limited' room service and I rather enjoyed it! I've read negative things on here about the food court so we didn't even try it. There was a gospel convention on so it was packed too. I'm going to get too much into my experience because I will be writing a trip report in a few days including all of this.

Upvote 0

bhg469

i enjoy coronado alot. The food court is excellent but the downside is that you have to pay gratuity if you eat there. To avoid that just take your food to go. The food there was far better than CBR and well worth the minor issues people find with it. Other than that it is a beautiful resort with the best transportation out of any disney resort. You will rarely have to wait for a bus and when you get on it you rarely have to stand unlike every other resort i have stayed with.

Upvote 0

raven

Another perk is at night there was a lounge area to go to that offered free chips and salsa.

Really?

Other than that it is a beautiful resort with the best transportation out of any disney resort. You will rarely have to wait for a bus and when you get on it you rarely have to stand unlike every other resort i have stayed with.

This is the sole reason why we upgraded from Pop to CS this September. Last September many times we had to wait over an hour at MK to get back to Pop. And when we got on the bus it was always standing room only...next to screaming kids...and people with BO...and bus drivers that slam on the breaks causing everyone to fall forward. :mad:

Upvote 0
We only spent a small amount of time at the resort (CBR) when we went. I would go with CS and save the $$ for other things in the trip. CBR was nice and we would stay there again, but in truth we only stayed at there because I got a package that made it cheaper to stay there than ASM.

Upvote 0

CyKosis

CS is my favorite moderate resort out of all them, the theme of it and the layout are great. Plus like someone said earlier, the bus loads are not as bad CBR.

I also enjoy the selection of food at the Pepper Market.

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We stayed at CS in Dec. of '06. It was our first and only trip to CS. The kids did love the pool, but it was a walk and a half to get to it. If you are close to the main pool "Dig Site" you are far from the food area/gift shop etc. The theme didn't really feel 'Disney' to me, but it was clean and orderly. The rooms only had one sink and limited storage space (drawers etc) we had more drawer space at the all stars, because the tv takes up a big chunk of the armoire. We too, switched to CS because it was the cheapest way to go. I am guessing regular Disney guests don't make CS their first choice, hence the deep discounts to get people there.

Upvote 0

jessfriends

I would definitely stay at CS, especially if I was saving $$! Here is something I wrote back in June on another thread....

I love Coronado Springs! I would stay there everytime I go to WDW. It is a beautiful resort! We never had any major bus problems or any problems for that matter. The main pool is awesome. I would recommend staying in 8A Cabanas. We always ask for this area or even a room number and we usually get it or close to it. I can't find the room number right now if I do I will let you know. We like the rooms on the second floor with the double window. This location is close walking distance to the main pool and not a far walk from bus stop 4. It is all the way across from the pepper market (where the food, games, shops, bike rentals etc. are) If you don't want to walk over to it you could take a bus to bus stop 1 (there should be a sign at the bus stop that tells you this or which bus to take. Someone please correct me if I am wrong). Most of the buses start returning guests starting with bus stop number 2.

I would pick CS over CBR and I have stayed at CBR 2 times and Coronado several times (see my signature). The bus service at CBR was slower to us. The main arcade in CS however is on the smaller side. I am comparing it to the Contemporary Resort as it is the only other one I have been in and can remember. I would get a bus to MK and ride the monorail to the Contemporary to play in the arcade. But this was last year before the arcade was remodeled and moved. Anyways there is another smaller arcade right near the main pool area. I think it is called the iguana arcade. There is also a playground right near the pool. Also the pool bar is nice for the adults and you get food there like chicken fingers and fries. I know you are looking for the better arcade but I would highly recommend staying at Corornado Springs. If you have any questions PM me I have alot of info to offer about the resort or WDW for that matter.

Check out this link to allears.net to learn more about the CS resort and the arcades and recreation. http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

Sorry that this is so long. I just got excited talking about this topic. I hope this helps! :wave:

Someone wanted to know about the arcades so that is why I talked about it so much. By the way our family consists of a 53 M, 55 F, 21 F & 18 M and this is all of our opinions about our WDW experiences at CS. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

3IAlienKid

The CS and CBR are the only two hotels I've ever stayed at, so this is right up my alley. There was another thread just like this one, and here's a modified version of what I wrote back then;

I love both resorts, and I feel you can't go wrong with either, but in the end I think the Coronado edges out the Caribbean. Specifically, I like the Casitas section of the Coronado better than the Jamaica section of the Caribbean - those were the 2 areas I've roommed in.

I love Jamaica's color scheme, & the landscaping is very relaxing. Jamaica is just a short pleasant walk across the bridge to the island in the middle of the lake to get to Old Port Royale.

On the other hand, the Coronado is newer, and it shows. I also prefer the architecture at the Coronado main building better than Old Port Royale at the Caribbean. I admit, I don't like the Cabanas and Ranchos sections of Coronado as much as the Caribbean as a whole, but the Casitas section at the Coronado is nice and understated with a lot of great looking fountains in the various courtyards. The Dig Site is a better pool, and Panchito's is the biggest general store of any Disney hotel.

Upvote 0

Bluewaves

Ah I remeber why I didn't like CS know as I read this thread, they are usually large convention groups there it is quite annoying and it didn't feel very Disney to any of us, I think they toned it down to attract the convention groups and my bed was the lumpiest I've ever had at any Disney resort, so a non Disney feeling resort and a lumpy bed made a very unhappy vacation, not to mention my brother is a picky eater, I'm bit of picky eater and I couldn't get a pizza at the pepper market, so that was about it, now all that aside it was a lovely resort, the theming was perfect but it didn't feel very Disney thats all.

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the responses to date. It looks like CBR is winning in the hearts and minds of my wife and kids. We shall see.:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have to say I would seriously pick Coronado over Carribean Beach especially if there was a significant savings involved!!!! I really like CS and so do many others. One of them has made a fan based website for Coronado here:
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/
I hope you all enjoy it!!! Thanks as always to Buzz for the best information on a great resort!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom