Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare?

kirari

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

here is my big deal at the moment. I have to choose for an extra late breakfast, and I just can't decide which one I should choose between Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare. At that day, we plan to do MK, and we will be staying at the GF.

Disney4family

This depends on a few things -
Location - Will you sleep in that day or will you be in the parks at opening? If you're in the park already, The Crystal Palace is perfectly located at the hub. 1900 Park Fare is a pretty room in style with the resort. In my opinion, The Crystal Palace is the prettiest building in the World. It's bright, white, cheerful and airy - and has a great view of the hub (and even the lush gardens of Adventureland on one side).
Food - Although both are buffets, the selection is different. Check out the menus (and reviews if you want) at www.allearsnet.com to get an idea. The 1900 Park Fare is slightly "fancier" than The Crystal Palace in terms of selection. We've done both and prefer The Crystal Palace. Pooh's stuffed French toast is a "must" for us!
Characters - The Crystal Palace has Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore & Piglet. 1900 Park Fare also has 4 characters that could include Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh and/or Tigger. They don't guarantee which ones will be there.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We are big fans of doing MK at rope drop and THEN leaving the park for the latest possible breakfast seating at 1900 Park Fare (or Chef Mickey's). Gives you a couple hours (or more if it is EMH) in the park and then you get out for a relaxing meal and then you can have some down time after you eat before getting back to touring. Since you are staying at GF, that could be a nice post-meal nap. :) Add in FP+ booked for later afternoon and you can do a lot of attractions in the morning, restful afternoon and then back into the park around the afternoon parade and have 3 attractions to do.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We have done breakfast at both (many times) and really enjoy them both.

My choice would be based on what time you plan to eat breakfast. For an early breakfast eat at 1900 and then go to MK. If you're planning on eating late, visit MK early for a couple of headline attractions then go eat at CP

kirari

Original Poster
We check-in at GF the day before I'm planning this breakfast.
In my mind, we'd do rop drop in the morning, then have breakfast and go back to the GF to enjoy the resort, then go back to MK for a MVMCP.
If we go to CP, I think of an ADR a 10h30, and if we go to 1900, I think of an ADR at 11h30.

R. Mexico

My family and I tried dinner this past October at 1900 park fare and I think it was sub-par at best. We were not impressed at all. My wife did like the strawberry soup but other than that, not good.

Blairnicol

If you plan on doing rope drop I would do Crystal Palace with an ADR prior to the park opening (you can usually get one about an hour before the park opens).

Really it comes down to location & character preference. I think the theming at Crystal Palace is better, but prefer the characters at 1900 Park. The mornings that we've done 1900 park while at GF were nice lazy mornings where we spent the day at the resort, but it's close enough to MK that you can go back & forth.

kirari

Original Poster
Well then, finally we decide to do Crystal Palace that day, and do 1900 Park fare the day of our check out :).
Thank you all guys for your advice, It helped me a lot!

Tinkerkelle

Did both on our last trip and enjoyed them. Crystal Palace had edge. Really liked the airy garden like feel of the place. Park Fare felt a bit canteen like to me for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom