Crushin' Gusher Lighting

BioCub

Original Poster
Several years ago (May '01,'03) I attended a private function at Typhoon Lagoon at NIGHT. The rides were in operation (with the exception of the kids area). In May '05 I attended this party again, hoping to ride the new Crushin' Gusher. Unfortunately, this ride was closed. The cast member guarding the area told us that Disney had not installed lighting on the Crushin' Gusher and therefore it would not be safe for guests to be in that area at night. I reluctantly accepted this, but because I am planning to attend again in May '06 (this year) I am getting my hopes up that Disney has installed lighting on this attraction. If anyone has any info on this... it would be much appriciated.

adjonline

It was a strange decision, and I know it caused annoyance during the EMH trials in August last year. (Incidentally, lighting/lack of is the same reason Blizzard doesn't do nightime EMHs).

TL's currently in rehab...it wouldn't surprise me if lights were added during this time, but equally, something makes me think there may have been a good reason for them not adding lights in the first place - in which case it's not going to be likely.

jsfra209

Blizzard Beach has no night lighting? Why the heck wouldnt they install that?
I love going to water parks at night. Its so much better than during the day, IF they get the lighting right.

BioCub

Original Poster
:cool: I wonder if there is some sort of contact at disney that would know. But i've dug around the disney website and the only contact they seem to want you to have is PURCHASING tickets.. LOL

Steveo83

I am thinking that they would haveto add lightning there pretty soon I mean especially if they are only using tl as their night waterpark it would make sense to have one area of the park always off limits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom