Cruisin & Boozin

KarenP

Hi, moonchild! There are no tables that are non-drinking. The smallest tables available for dinner are for parties of 4. You can request one ahead of time, but it is not guaranteed.

Karen

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by moonchild
Can we request a non-drinking table or a 2 person table on the Disney Wonder for our dinners? Neither of us drink

I actually think this is a good idea, even for some restaurants... I get tired of going to Olive garden (my favorite restaurant) and having them offer wines and tasting and whatnot each time we eat there. We do not drink either, and in some Steak Houses on certain nights, it would be nice to have a non-drinking section to eat in.

Upvote 0

westie

OK heres the deal. Right now someone is looking at your bio to pair you with another couple that you will dine with every night. It is majorly difficult to give you a table all of your own, majorly. Also, disney wants to put you together and meet people. My suggestion would be to call your travel agent, call disney cruiseline, and request to be paired with a non-drinking couple, if you can't handle someone having a glass of wine at your table. You can already feel the uneasyness it creates. I'd take care of it now so your not paired with a couple kids blowing bubbles in their milk or a couple so old the nod off half way through the meal.

Upvote 0

Jodigrl328

Oh, my goodness. When I read "cruisen and boozin'", I thought you were posting a thread about drinking and driving in Disney.

That would be a good idea, they have a non-smoking section, why not a non-drinking section. Make a request, you never know what can happen?

6 more days!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Unless things have changed big-time since we went in 1999, you will sit with other people. They'd rather serve full tables and leave some tables empty, then put people at every table so they're partially full. One recommendation -- if you want to avoid children, go to the later seating. If you have children, I recommend the earlier seating as everyone with children goes then and it's noisier/more comfortable for families.

We were on our honeymoon in 99 and they originally sat us with a family with three children at the earlier seating even though I'd request the later -- not very romantic. The cruise knew in advance that it was our honeymoon, as there was a congratulations basket and a note form the captain in our room when we got there. We requested a change to the later seating and they sat us with a couple where the man was doing a lecture tour on the cruise -- they didn't like Disney and weren't happy with the ship at all. We were especially bummed because there were empty tables around. We planned Palo one night, which was wonderful because we sat alone -- that's one way to have a non-drinking table for at least one meal. I'd have paid the extra $10 every night if I'd known that ahead of time!

But the food was outstanding and we didn't see anyone drinking to excess, so I hope you'll enjoy youself no matter what!

Upvote 0

moonchild

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. My fiance did bring up the idea of going to Palo if we really cant take our table-mates. He had a bad experience on a cruise before, thats why I ask.
Only 74 more days! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Moonchild, I'd definitely do Palo's at least one night. I don't know if you're doing a three-night or four-night, but we did it the night of the Junkanoo on the four-night and it was TOTALLY worth it. It's only an extra $5 per person and the food was the best we had on the cruise. I had the chocolate souffle that had to be ordered in advance because it takes so long to make and it was so good, they let us wait while they made a second for my husband (we ate late and the restaurant was empty)!

Upvote 0

moonchild

Original Poster
We are doing the 3 day land/4 day cruise, but we added 2 days of land. we are meeting with the wedding planner on Dec 6th. I cant wait for that!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom