Cruise

nickeymouse

Original Poster
I am wondering, I know there was a "rumor" about the Cruise making a stop at Hawaii, where would it depart, how many days is it and what other stops would it make? When will it set sail too? Also if it is actually gonna happen or is true, or just a rumor. Thanks! :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Just a rumor unfortunately. With the 4th ship coming online in 2012, there's lots of speculation about where they will all end up. It is definitely possible that Disney will sail one way cruises from Los Angeles, probably with a stop in Ensenada, to Hawaii.

Right now here's the known plans, all subject to change:
Disney Dream - 3, 4 and 5 night Caribbean cruises
Disney Fantasy - 7 night Caribbean cruises
Disney Wonder - 7 night Mexican Riviera year round, probably continuing with Alaska cruises in the summer
Disney Magic - Summers in Europe, and the rest of the year? That's where the rumors start.:)

MaryJaneP

I seem to recall non-U.S. flagged ships must have a foreign port of call during cruise, even if they start in US. Aren't Disney ships are foreign flagged? Kinda hard to think of where Hawaii cruise would visit foreign port. Mexico was previously mentioned. Not familiar with Ensenada.

tahqa

I seem to recall non-U.S. flagged ships must have a foreign port of call during cruise, even if they start in US. Aren't Disney ships are foreign flagged? Kinda hard to think of where Hawaii cruise would visit foreign port. Mexico was previously mentioned. Not familiar with Ensenada.

The Disney ships are all flagged in the Bahamas. The "Jones Act" requires that all foreign flagged ships that leave from an American port stop at a foreign port before ending their voyage at an American port. Foreign flagged vessels may leave from an American port and return to that same American port if they make stops no where else -- IE a cruise to nowhere.

Phonedave

You are correct, that if they are visiting an American port, they must also call at a forigen port.

Most Hawaiian interisland cruises out of Hawaii also call at Fanning Island - which is the closest land to Hawaii. (about 1,000 miles). ONly problem is there is not much of anything there.

Cruises sailing out of LA go to Ensenada, Mexico. Which is about 50 - 60 miles over the US border. So it's a quick stop on the way to Hawaii.

Some also stop in Vancouver Canada to make their forigen port requirement.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom