Cruise Line Movies

1968CamaroSS396

Original Poster
I asked the wife about going to see Brave this weekend and her reply was "We can save the money since they probably will be showing it when we take a Disney Cruise in Aug." What Disney movies do they show and is there a way to know beforehand?

ChuckElias

I asked the wife about going to see Brave this weekend and her reply was "We can save the money since they probably will be showing it when we take a Disney Cruise in Aug."
I'm also waiting to see Brave onboard. :)

What Disney movies do they show and is there a way to know beforehand?
To answer your question, I believe that you can call DCL and they will give you a tentative list of movies that are scheduled.

But if you're sailing on a date when a Disney movie is being released to general theaters, you know that it will be shown on the ships at the same time as a "Prem-ear at Sea".

Disneyfalcon

You can call DCL and ask. The number is in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

They will be showing Brave for several months after its released.

We saw it last Thursday night. It wasn't what I expected at all, but very cute.

Phonedave

Showing current movies is part of their marketing. They will mention a number of times that they are the only cruise line that can show first run movies at sea.

-dave

ChuckElias

Showing current movies is part of their marketing. They will mention a number of times that they are the only cruise line that can show first run movies at sea.

-dave
Does Royal Caribbean show first run Dreamworks movies? I know that the "Madagascar" characters do a parade on the Allure; I thought they also had the movies.

fireworkz

Allure of the Seas and some of the other "Dreamworks equipped" RCI ships do show first run Dreamworks movies. While I was on Allure they made a big deal about having Kung Fu Panda 2 (in 3D) a whole week before it was shown on shore. But despite Allure being a monster of a ship, it and the other RCI ships do not have dedicated movie theaters like the Buena Vista Theaters on DCL and only a few of them have outdoor LCD screens on the pool decks. So the movie schedule is not even comparable to DCL.

Also RCI (and other lines) only offer HBO movies in your stateroom, some newer ships like Allure also offer on-demand pay-per-view movies. Nothing like the huge free in-room selection you get on DCL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom